VEGE PATCH. What's growing in yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got all ramped up this year, was strolling around Bunnings and the shop staff gave me a decent discount of a torn and faded box with a greenhouse in it (was only wanting a coldframe but what the hey). Been pulling out seeds Id long forgotten about, dusted of the heat trays, got an outdoor weather station, Big Kev wasnt this excited.

Havent had much luck in this backyard of ours but trying to stay positive.

This year's biggest lemon (so far).
1566261065_p1040620_2.jpg

OldGT said:
Got all ramped up this year, was strolling around Bunnings and the shop staff gave me a decent discount of a torn and faded box with a greenhouse in it (was only wanting a coldframe but what the hey). Been pulling out seeds Id long forgotten about, dusted of the heat trays, got an outdoor weather station, Big Kev wasnt this excited.

Havent had much luck in this backyard of ours but trying to stay positive.
I remember Big Kev
1566275471_2019-08-20-14-28-27-1423002268.jpg

And Big Kev's Proud Mum
1566275417_images-1.jpg

And..... Big Clive :D
1566275597_images-4.jpg

At least we can still get excited a bit hey....... not sure if they were related though :p
:power: Go the gardeners :flowers:

Blocker said:
20xwater said:
Basil seeds soaked in water for 8 hrs have formed an embryonic gel type of substance?
And 1 has split?
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2569/1566300958_img_20190820_212951.jpg

Some seeds (particularly lemon seeds) will generate pectin when moistened for about 12 hours, which is used as a setting agent in cooking. I wonder if this is what is happening before germination?
Interesting, google says to soak basil seeds in orange juice

Lookin like my planet Goldfreak :p
Gunna need a decent pile of good humusy soil to fill all those buckets 20 :eek: :Y:
And Tassie.....thats a healthy hearty heart warming chunky veggie soup growing right there right now then mate :drooling: :perfect:

Latest posts