using a high pressure pump to remove overburden

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!
I've been without the internet for a couple of days ( thanks Telstra), but I see this thread is still creating enough hot air and energy that it could power a small country town for a month....

There we go, another renewable power source "BULL Sh#t" because this discussion has become just that........

Just in case you missed it "Dredging is ILLEGAL, why waste energy on it????

Bazz

Probably for the same reason that Marijuana is illegal, ... yet all the time wasters seem to have made somethings happen in that department regarding the changes in legislation to allow the good bits to be used for the greater good,... I think this may lend a form of encouragement in some respect to those that have anything from wishes &dreams to hairy fairy schemes that have yet to get anywhere at all past the point of disscussion,.... whilst we may hold views either way regarding different and varied subjects, the stifling of comment by way of reiterating a what is a valid point to some, could come with the loss of a valuable point yet to be made by persons known or unknown about the current subject matter that could hold great importance to one or both sides of the topic. ;)

Hey Silver

You make a very good point... however I also don't see the merit of discussing murder or brain surgery...

One is illegal and I'm not capable of the other, so what's the point?

They are both absolute - illegal and not capable: neither of those conditions will change..... neither will the laws on dredging, unlike weed! which has found to have medical benefits, dredging, might only temporarily relieve gold fever in a few of us, according to a non medical and very dodgy trial carried out at bunnings or the pub ;) :lol: 8) :8

Respectfully

Bazz

Bit dissapointed in a lot of the responses to the initial post.

Asking a question doesn't make you an environmental vandal, simple answers stating your reasonable opinion would have been sufficient.

Being passionate about something doesn't give the right to vilify.

It's not happening, if it did I bet you would be the one with the phone camera getting all the gory details....... in close up!! :cool:

You Tube here we come!!!!

:D

LD. said:
Bit dissapointed in a lot of the responses to the initial post.

Asking a question doesn't make you an environmental vandal, simple answers stating your reasonable opinion would have been sufficient.

Being passionate about something doesn't give the right to vilify.
That's a fair call LD

mmmmh! can't think of anything to say

1455500856_slide1.png

No offence intended

Bazz said:

now where's that wammbulance lol ahh well it sounds like this to me nar I want to leave the bans as they are and do nothing about it but I want to make it legal to do it but wait what about the greens have we asked them what there option on the matter is no because they are twits.

so it really just sounds like school when all the kids put there hand up and yell I want this but I want that or I don't want anything to change and let them ban more of our hobby.

get the idea ?

Its not fighting,... me n Bazz were c o m m u n i c a t i n g. :lol:

silver said:
Its not fighting,... me n Bazz were c o m m u n i c a t i n g. :lol:
You and Bazz need to get a room silver, i reckon the two of you are enjoying too much :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's have a look at dredging shall we, how would affect us, out in the field or right here on the forum!
A few small number of people get quite wealthy out of it, while the majority start struggling to find easy access areas to go for a pan or high bank, the expense side of setting up a dredge would far out way that of pans/sluices or high bankers, so for quite a number of our forum members and others setting one up would be well outside the ball park.

You will never be able to stop some folk breaking the rules so the digging of banks ect will continue, if not worsen because of the simple fact that a dredge has gone through the area and cleaned every little bit of colour out, so mr average joe and his homemade high banker have decided to scallop out a wash line in the bank just to get some colour, Murphy's law says he's the one that'll get caught he's the who will be facing the fines, rules are rules!
About the only thing I can relate dredging too is fishing,
Set up your camp on your favourite part of the river and settle in for a weekend of fishing, only too discover someone has had a drumnet/cross lines and springers in for the past week, you'll soon start to realise all your doing is drowning worms and grubs, your favourite spot ruined, nothing left to come back too, although fish will move back in that area eventually, so will those sods with their drum nets ect!
I won't jump on the topic of environmental damage from dredging, ain't no point really, seen as though the Vic government made such a huge stuff up of the environmental study into the affects of prospecting in creeks/rivers and streams that we seen a while ago on this forum, best to keep those idiots out of the topic.
People will constantly break rules, wether it be doing 103kmh in 100 zone, illegal parking, slightly bald tires on a car, prospecting without a permit, digging in the wrong area, not backfilling holes, we're not guilty of them all but guilty of a few nonetheless, rules and laws are in place but they do get broken, I'm hopeful we won't see prospecting in areas banned because a few narrow minded LAZY sods have not back filled their holes, as I'm hopeful we won't see the speed limit on open roads dropped due too some speeding motorists.

Not Backfilling a hole as it was bought up earlier in this thread just goes to show ones character, your strait out LAZY!, in the underground mining industry we have words for this type of thing, we call you a tired ###t, we don't have a lot of time for you, and to be quite honest the air fouls when your tired lazy ass is around, so how about you just move on!

Dredging brings up the age old fact of you GREEDY BASTARD, your so caught up in your own greed you couldn't give a stuff about the weekender who goes out to grab his gram or two!.
So after you've totally flogged an area what's next?
Why you'll put your ear to the ground and use places like this forum and others like it to try and skulk out a new area to completely flog, and flog it you will, because that's what your good at, your new title is, GREEDY FLOGGER.

Now this little short type up shouldn't upset anybody, why, because it doesn't relate to YOU!, unless you can slot yourself in the above area of being a non back filler, or a greedy flogger, and if you do happen to slot yourself into this category, then all offence intended :)

In closing, take a moment and think about your of the beaten or easy access area you go to alluvial prospect, now imagine turning up there to find someone/s dredging it or have dredged it, how many more member meet ups would there be if the government legalised dredging let alone the minimal posts on this forum and others, dredging destroys a lot more than just prospecting areas.

Well put DWT, lets hope those concerned, if there are any on this forum, sit back and have a long hard think about their prospecting habits and mend their techniques to better fit the various state and territory regulations; in so doing it could save a load of heartache down the track and not just for the wrong-doers.
Cheers SinHof.

As per DWT's Comment below.
My first meetup that I organized was based on a members recommendations for a spot to
win some good color.
Got to the spot only to find it dredged to bedrock. Completely stuffed the whole weekend. :( :( :(
Then a place was found and was known for very good colour further down the coast.
Nup. Vacuumed off that well there was no sand to speak of sitting on the bedrock. 8.(
I used to think how good it would be if allowed a 2"Dredge setup.
I don't now. :(
In closing, take a moment and think about your of the beaten or easy access area you go to alluvial prospect, now imagine turning up there to find someone/s dredging it or have dredged it, how many more member meet ups would there be if the government legalized dredging let alone the minimal posts on this forum and others, dredging destroys a lot more than just prospecting areas.

Latest posts