UPDATE on our WA Trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
G'day Guys,

Luck has finally smiled down on us and the nuggets have fattened up in size from the weeners we we're getting earlier on. Had the best morning of the trip last Friday bagging over 2 ounces for the morning. The best two nuggets went 20 grams and 38 grams with a few small ones to sweeten the pot.

Heading off to NT to chase some gemstones and then hopefully catch up with fellow forum member Colmaca at the Isa for a bit of a fossick and chinwag.

Hope all is going great on your prospecting scene.

Cheers,
Wal and Liz

1406016449_img_1769_1280x956.jpg

1406016513_img_1803_1280x956.jpg

DAMN awesome. stunning. :eek: you must have it down now, tecta's humming. great trip by the look. keep it up. :cool:

Fantastic effort guys, I'm really happy that you are having a ball and having plenty of good finds. Take care and see you when you get back.

Thanks guys, can't wait to get back east and catch up with the regulars at hopefully an upcoming forum outing. We hope to get back to Canberra about the same time Jack Frost decides to leave.

Take care and stay safe to all,

Wal.

WalnLiz said:
G'day Guys,

Luck has finally smiled down on us and the nuggets have fattened up in size from the weeners we we're getting earlier on. Had the best morning of the trip last Friday bagging over 2 ounces for the morning. The best two nuggets went 20 grams and 38 grams with a few small ones to sweeten the pot.

Heading off to NT to chase some gemstones and then hopefully catch up with fellow forum member Colmaca at the Isa for a bit of a fossick and chinwag.

Cheers,
Wal and Liz

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/147/1406016449_img_1769_1280x956.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/147/1406016513_img_1803_1280x956.jpg

Wow that's incredible :eek:, well done guys. Now tell me, did you find them with the TDI Pro? Please say yes :D

Gold Friday that's for sure, I have no words to describe other then stunning colour - Well Done.

How much rubbish do you come across ? (Bullets,iron,ect.) just curious.

Thanks for the inspiration, and you are quite right about freezing cold :) down here

Best of luck in gem hunting.

Nugget said:
WalnLiz said:
G'day Guys,

Cheers,
Wal and Liz

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/147/1406016449_img_1769_1280x956.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/147/1406016513_img_1803_1280x956.jpg

Wow that's incredible :eek:, well done guys. Now tell me, did you find them with the TDI Pro? Please say yes :D

Combination of the GPX 5000 i'm using and the TDI Pro Oz that Liz is using. Let me assure you that the TDI is more than pulling it's weight and Liz has spent only 30 hours detecting for a total of 28 nuggets. That equates to almost a nugget an hour... Not to be scoffed at. She has followed me testing soft targets with my 5000 and has picked up almost all of the targets with the TDI. She actually picked up 3 nuggets in a gully that i missed with the 5000 an a mate also missed with the 4500.

On the right settings, you won't miss much gold. ;)

Cheers,
Wal

G'day WalnLiz a very nice haul of nuggets mate, I've enjoyed the videos of use in action detecting for nuggets on YouTube hopefully your recent adventures of W.A. were captured on video for all of us to see. Keep up the good work and thank youse for sharing.

You two really are magnets aren't you. Glad to see the trip is paying for itself. And say Hi to Liz too. Good on ya Wal. Look forward to some vision if you've got the video with you.

Absolutely awesome nuggets, well done, hope there's heaps more waiting for you both

Cheers

S & J

Congratulations WalnLiz, By the look of it you two are having a ball over in WA. :)

Hi Wal and Liz it seems the obesity epidemic has not struck gold but well done on those two terrific big nuggets jolly cold here bu have been escaping a couple of times down the coast! Ian

Latest posts