First Trip Out With The SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harmpit said:
Hi all
Have been playing with my SDC2300, just bought it recently, have about 7 hours out with it lol. Ease of use is great, amount of crap that you dig is bad though.Armrest issue is a pain too. Will try some surfaced areas tommorow for a giggle :). Based around the Rushworth/Whroo area would like to know if there were any areas that would be good to go over, please pm me if you have cooords :) :p
Thanks all, fantastic info on this site

Picked 2 up on the edge of surface workings myself.

My advice : very low + very slow + surface workings = more targets than you thought were possible ( hopefully some golden ones included)

Harmpit said:
Hi all
Have been playing with my SDC2300, just bought it recently, have about 7 hours out with it lol. Ease of use is great, amount of crap that you dig is bad though.Armrest issue is a pain too. Will try some surfaced areas tommorow for a giggle :). Based around the Rushworth/Whroo area would like to know if there were any areas that would be good to go over, please pm me if you have cooords :) :p

The armrest can be fixed quite easily. See video below.
Also, black Al's control box cover has armrest retention straps. works a treat.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/yu42XhTt-Gg?list=PLN1dExLBrJ3i66htQidWwx6LHHfODrqqN[/video]

Harmpit said:
Hi all

If your still around Tuesday (or another day) let me know I'll take you on a free guided tour of some less worked places, but you can't really miss the workings if you go into town and work outwards. If your up behind the church on the surfaced area you should do OK the southern side heading East has produced a few grams in the last little while. I've been hitting the northern edges digging every bit of snot that has been left as it's considered to trashy for most but I like a challenge. That surfaced area produced alot of good gold. For your safety (and to keep the peace) don't go crossing over fence lines some private land places are being opened up with permission sort that have produced some excellent returns but it will only take a couple of incidents to undo the good work. Good luck mate I'll shoot you a pm at ten posts if you wanna catch up for a chat but you need a few more yet. Hopefully there's some help in this for you.

Thanks Goldtarget, nice to know. I was going to try behind the cemetary tomorrow but the weather is a factor. Hate driving in strong winds lol, so if you see an idiot driving a dark green ute/tray wearing a green cap thats me lol

Latest posts