Tuena yesterday

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great catching up at tuena with a few members on the weekend. great days, but bloody cold nights. :/

Hey Banksy
It was bloody cold on Friday night but still turned out a great weekend.
Good to see you and the young fella get a bit of colour in your pan.
Also good to see a few of the other lads too.
Mate nothing beats it. A few drinks, a raging fire and a couple of laughs.
Hope to catch up next time again
Cheers
Chris

Banksy, definitely was a good weekend. Good to see Joe,GR and Smithy. Looking forward to the next trip.
Cheers Dozer :)

Hey guys. Sorry I missed You all. We went down to mount costigan crossing again. We did ok for just panning. I hope you guys did well :)

Hey dozer sounds like you guys had a good trip. Shame I couldn't make it but plans are afoot to get down there but first have to put the camper back together as I'm in the middle of putting a gal boat trailer frame under it cause there is only 2 yes 2 bolts holding the draw bar on. With the new frame under it it will be semi off road. Did you end up with much gold or was the gold of a xxxx colour :p .
Cheers
Skip

Skip there was both colours of gold, one was flowing freely :lol: , the other i will let you know once I do a clean out :)
We had a good time but you were missed.
Cheers Dozer :)

Hi guys, we are thinking of trying GG or Tuena over the long weekend, does anyone have any good camping sites or info on fossicking/panning? we don't have a highbanker or any fancy gear - YET. ;)

Hey HB. 2 nights at Crookwell. Unless I am enjoying myself. Then we may stay longer.
I'm off work and the boss lady is on school hols. Best time for us.
She has to be back at work Monday.
I hope to visit Tuena and GG. Just an exploration trip.
No clue what I'm doing :8
Wish for beginners luck :D

At the mechanics now I'll find out soon fingers crossed it's something simple. Mechanic recons it'll be well over a grand if it's a head gasket 8.( 8.( 8.( sad thing is the utes not worth much more :rolleyes:

Hopefully be mobile soon, I've got two weeks off wifey's corolla is looking good HB wont fit in it though ;)

Col

Colin&Lee said:
At the mechanics now I'll find out soon fingers crossed it's something simple. Mechanic recons it'll be well over a grand if it's a head gasket 8.( 8.( 8.( sad thing is the utes not worth much more :rolleyes:

Hopefully be mobile soon, I've got two weeks off wifey's corolla is looking good HB wont fit in it though ;)

Col

Cheap set of roof-racks from the wreckers mate and its a done deal.
Stick a snorkle on it while your there. Dont know how high the river will be... :lol: :lol:

Collin I know the feeling was going on a dig and just before hydro locked the diesel up, after a full engine rebuild was halfway to Tuena when gearbox decided to chew through the gearbox case so box rebuild was needed. In the mean time I would pack the 2 door coupe lancer up with all my digging gear was a sight let me tell you even managed to stuff a double swag in :lol: . Hope the news is good for your ute mate.
Cheers
Skip

Ramjet said:
Hey HB. 2 nights at Crookwell. Unless I am enjoying myself. Then we may stay longer.
I'm off work and the boss lady is on school hols. Best time for us.
She has to be back at work Monday.
I hope to visit Tuena and GG. Just an exploration trip.
No clue what I'm doing :8
Wish for beginners luck :D

You will have a good time & someone should be on the creek at Tuena or even GG to guide you to your 1st sapphire, enjoy the trip mate

hereskip said:
Collin I know the feeling was going on a dig and just before hydro locked the diesel up, after a full engine rebuild was halfway to Tuena when gearbox decided to chew through the gearbox case so box rebuild was needed. In the mean time I would pack the 2 door coupe lancer up with all my digging gear was a sight let me tell you even managed to stuff a double swag in :lol: . Hope the news is good for your ute mate.
Cheers
Skip

Nasty dude wow,

You should have seen the look I got when I said I could use her car :8 not happening :D

Cheers

Col

hi guys , done a couple days at tuena , first time prospecting, tried my home made hi banker got 2g of fine gold. .. not brilliant but I had no idea but have learnt a few things. Oh and the creek was flowing nicely. :)

Latest posts