Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome stuff Tim! :cool: Keen to see the finds they pluck.

Is the twisted lengths of wire leaning on the table part of the next detector?

Or maybe a "snake tamer" ? :D

Have seen similar models ;)

Cheers,

Billy.

Yeah Billy, the snake tamer. I have zinnias 4 feet tall and creeping thyme 18 inches deep in the front garden ATM-the dogs can't even find 'em! My girls are terrier-xed and dynamite snake-watchers-not silly enough to get bitten though.. Just did some fine tuning on the sniffer with speaker wire coil-getting 8 inches on a 5c piece now- not too shabby for a Bulgarian/backyard hybrid. :D That's between the concrete reo, next to the verandah poles, and 10 feet from the fuse box.
I have another 1.5w solar panel and holder-same as the Surf pictured- to go on it. They both have 3x 18650s and charge controllers inside.No bat flatteries for Timmy-boy. ;)

Well not today but over the last month. 3 Sets
1454989735_image.jpeg
of 3 saddle racks All ausie hardwood.
1454989761_image.jpeg

Tim said:
Yeah farma they're pretty good. Unless I'm scratching around in real solid stuff I have that in my belt loop. A few years ago I acquired 2 6x4 inch railway signal magnets, about an inch thick. I made the mistake of bringing them together while holding them in front of my gut-which got between them- I ended up with a six inch blood blister! 8.(

Bahaaaa, that's one of the funniest things I have ever heard Tim. :lol:
I guess that having two heads still cant foresee all dangers.
Thanks for sharing that with us.
Cheers Steve :D

Water is scarce in WA goldfields even more so now they have dismantled hundreds of windmills.
Here is another handy device for retrieving water from wells or bores if you get desperate.

It is a simple build;
(1)1 X metre of 90mm thin walled stormwater PVC
(2)Cut two flat PVC discs inside diameter of pipe, drill a series of holes near centre of discs to allow water in.
(3)Cut a thin flat stainless steel/aluminium disc a couple of mm less than pipe inside diameter. Cut a rubber washer and glue it to disc.
(4)Press one of the PVC discs into end of pipe 25mm and then apply some PVC glue to fix it in place. Now fit the metal disc with rubber seal facing outside/end of pipe. Lastly fit second PVC disc flush with end of pipe and glue.
Attach rope to top of pipe ensuring that when you lift it with the rope it remains vertical.
Length of rope.
Lower the pipe into the bore/well and when it reaches the water you will feel the rope go slack. Hold it at this point and when the pipe has filled you will feel the weight on the rope. Pull it up and up end the 5.5 litre of water into a bucket and repeat until you have required amount of water. (One lift is what is a daily recommended amount of water for one person)

I fitted a canvas shroud to top to prevent rubbish on bore liner fouling the water.

Nightjar- that is pure genius!

I had a 20L bucket of Bulloak barley I had malted, but not roasted, and the weevils were getting into it. So last night I sparged it whole-grain. It's a bit cloudy, but bubbling away madly with the homebrew yeast- this lot mixed with my small batches of Chinese barley wine should still out to a nice Scotch Whiskey...

Ooooooo yeah Yobs,.... good onya mate.
I'll be a very willing recipient. :p :p :D
I'd better be making my Mango chutney then soon, so'as I've got some nice reciprication pn hand. :D

Yobs u make ginger beer, I used to when I was a kid, some of my bottles used to explode, too much sugar or something. Love the homemade ginger beer.

cecc said:
Yobs u make ginger beer, I used to when I was a kid, some of my bottles used to explode, too much sugar or something. Love the homemade ginger beer.
Cecc its full strength mate ....and tastes like the bought stuff.
Two stubbies and ya knees feel great ..clears the nose too.

Tuesday I made this after getting my avatar Jess put down .
She hadn't walked for a few days and had a growth in her , she had a couple removed a few years ago, but with her hips failing and her quality of life diminishing it was time to set her free.
I got Jess in 2001 when my cousin died off his horse at gunbar station near hillston she was about 2 or 3 then.
She was my best mate through some real tough times and the greatest work dog I have ever had , I still have one of her daughters and one of her grandsons.
she will be missed a lot.

Firstly I made a time capsule with my cousins funeral papers and some photos and a heart felt note in it , maybe in a hundred years someone might find it . I also engraved a basalt slab with her name as a burial marker.
1455533946_img_20160211_101556_197-optimized.jpg

1455533988_img_20160211_222931_873-optimized.jpg

1455534053_img_20160211_230837_238-optimized.jpg

1455534156_img_20160211_230856_911-optimized.jpg

Feels like we just lost wall footrots dog too af(but an aussie one),.... love your work on the basalt mate, and the time capsule thought,.... shows a lot of love and careing. ;)

Latest posts