Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
woohoo christmas party at colmacas :)

damn!!! redfin hope you didn;t have to move house too often

Everyone that came to my place never knocked with their elbows, they all wanted my concoctions and tipped in a few
gold coins for a sip. That pic looks like a lot of beer [27 bottles in each section] but I never drank any till it was at least 6 months old.
Big tip is only use good quality glucose in the 2nd fermentation and always use rainwater.

Hey guys,

Been a bit quiet on here of late due to some personal rubbish going on but I thought I would share this. About a month ago I managed to score an old miners pick in unused condition....it just needed a handle though. Me and a woodworking mate decided to make one out of a lump of ironbark he had and I researched for original picures showing the shape and dimensions. What you see is better than I expected but it looks so dam good I don't want to use it... :(
1447313787_20151112_094417.jpeg

1447313828_20151112_094437.jpeg

MJB said:
Hey guys,

Been a bit quiet on here of late due to some personal rubbish going on but I thought I would share this. About a month ago I managed to score an old miners pick in unused condition....it just needed a handle though. Me and a woodworking mate decided to make one out of a lump of ironbark he had and I researched for original picures showing the shape and dimensions. What you see is better than I expected but it looks so dam good I don't want to use it... :(
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1222/1447313787_20151112_094417.jpeg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1222/1447313828_20151112_094437.jpeg
that's a crackin job mate :) heres an original handle and theres not much difference :D
1447316582_img_20151112_190448_754-optimized.jpg
:D :D :D

Parks said:
Top effort there. Looks like you got the grains right. Is that wood heavy?
Yeah that iron bark is some heavy wood alright. It ads to the overall mass of the pick and u know your swinging it. I scored a slightly smaller pick head that needs an handle also which has been well used. I reckon I will make a handle for that one and happily use it out on the diggings :D

Thanks for the comments too guys, I'm glad you like it

Here is one from the weekend so I didn't really make it today or on my own. Had the old man help put it together which made it easy. Since I have started the silver smithing class's i have wanted something at home where I can continue the work that doesn't require assistance from the teacher. She was selling a table for $250 which was tempting but after looking at it for awhile in class I decided to make my own as it looked like wood from bunnings. The first photo is the desk she was selling and the second is the one we made
F326AF82-AD74-4111-BE56-D41C604F0F08_zpsu5anaoq0.jpg

4AECEB3B-C0AB-4688-A90C-DBB3F41DABD5_zpso6xozp61.jpg

And last but not least the finished product from before
5F9F3692-E414-4BD9-B062-A275DAA35254_zpsep1zjkqy.jpg

Thats the way ... $200 saved and you got the same result(or better)
Great looking pendant too
Another talent to complement your hobby and your resume

Great work Bo~, I take my hat off to you, your an inspiration to us all at what we can achieve if we put our mind to it, and the finished pendant looks fantastic, but there is only one thing missing ... it should have been surrounded with the gold you have found. .. smile.

Latest posts