Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another visit to mount Isa from a PA member so I made a Quick clock :)

1445581424_p1020489.jpg

..a discovery today.

Some of my old birds pottery supplies are still here in a shed at home. Found something interesting

1446764375_14467642761320.jpg

*ring ring*

Me: "Hi mum, what's this jar that's titled Bone Ash?"

Mum: "Yeah that's the ash I used in some china pottery"

Me: "Oh, ahh ok cool"

Mum: "Careful with it, its expensive! Its human bone ash."

Me: "Oh...." 8) :/ :|

SCROUNGER said:
G0lddigg@ said:
Ahhh!!! mums an axe murdering potter! jokes :) thats creepy
OK, i'm in with the obvious question...Where the hell do you buy human bone ash from legally? :lol:
Hahaha its great isn't it hey..and soo creepy at the same time. Now I have a freind in the shed with me, should I name it? Ned? Frank? Elvira?

Its been at least 17 years since she did pottery here and supplies that are rare were available a bit more freely back in that time. This I guess being one of them, another I remember was pure malachite ore, $250 for the same size jar. Ill have to ask how much human remains cost back in the day :/

Kinda wrong ey.. who is it, is all I keep thinking..

AtomRat said:
..a discovery today.

Some of my old birds pottery supplies are still here in a shed at home. Found something interesting

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3111/1446764375_14467642761320.jpg

*ring ring*

Me: "Hi mum, what's this jar that's titled Bone Ash?"

Mum: "Yeah that's the ash I used in some china pottery"

Me: "Oh, ahh ok cool"

Mum: "Careful with it, its expensive! Its human bone ash."

Me: "Oh...." 8) :/ :|

Haha love it, mum was a potter for years, me and all my mates were convinced she was a spy that made bombs for the russians when we were kids due to the amount of chemicals she had in her studio..gladly never found any human remains though. Gee we had to drink and eat out of some funny shaped dishes though

AtomRat said:
SCROUNGER said:
G0lddigg@ said:
Ahhh!!! mums an axe murdering potter! jokes :) thats creepy
OK, i'm in with the obvious question...Where the hell do you buy human bone ash from legally? :lol:
Hahaha its great isn't it hey..and soo creepy at the same time. Now I have a freind in the shed with me, should I name it? Ned? Frank? Elvira?

Its been at least 17 years since she did pottery here and supplies that are rare were available a bit more freely back in that time. This I guess being one of them, another I remember was pure malachite ore, $250 for the same size jar. Ill have to ask how much human remains cost back in the day :/

Kinda wrong ey.. who is it, is all I keep thinking..
My old man may have got a bit of a kick out of ending up in a clay ashtray or ornament. It would have appealed to his sense of humour i reckon. Yeah, bit creepy thinking about whose ash it is Atom, perhaps a burial is in order? I think it would be different if you knew whose ash it was but a bit freaky being some poor sod who (obviously?) didn't have any say in the matter.
Maybe from some poor third world country where buying bodies isn't seen as that unusual. I grew up in the art world of Eltham in the seventies and never had anybody offer me human ashes for my art. Mind you we did have access to some other 'unusual' substances that were consumed in one way or another :lol: :lol:

Yeah I'm thinking its come from china or like your saying..wherever? Burial, nah, its my buddie now..ill keep him safe. Its probably wrong to call him Ash, hey..

Mum wants to be cremated when the time comes and scattered over The Themes in England. I've known this disturbing fact since I was young. Who does that sort of thing? Anyway, its her wish and something I would be prepared to do as her last request and cremation or holding on to urns is nothing unusual to me.

G0lddigg@ said:
good news is whoever it was i dont think they need them anymore? :)
It's weird, that even though it's just ash, to me it's a bit creepy. What do you reckon you'll do with the jar and contents Atom?

I told my wife and kids i'm happy for my ashes to be sprinkled in a favourite river or piece of scrub i'm still to nominate. We sprinkled my dearest fishing mates ashes in the Rubicon River where we had so many good days fishing together. Everytime i'm now up there it's like he's still out there casting a line with me.

Tictac said:
Have you heard sbout the company in america that takes the ashes of your loved ones, stick it in a machine and use extremly high pressure to make a diamond.
That'd be cool, but i can just hear the arguments from the kids as to who gets the stone to wear :lol: