Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandbagger,

Would be awesome if you could make a Radio Controlled model, with a couple of LED s or even a laser pointer or 2.

You certainly have an eye for detail, and to be able to build what you see is remarkable, well done. :Y:

Gpx5000 said:
Sandbagger,

Would be awesome if you could make a Radio Controlled model, with a couple of LED s or even a laser pointer or 2.

You certainly have an eye for detail, and to be able to build what you see is remarkable, well done. :Y:

That would certainly be a challenge and very cool. A bit beyond me though. Lighting is certainly on the cards though mate.

A couple of late nights in the new shed. I broke open some old Humbrol enamel paints that are over 30 years old. A bit of turps in the pot and away they go again.

At this stage I'm just playing with the colour scheme. I like the green, not sure about the brown yet. The gloss black might be a bit much too. I'm also working on some stencils to spray on some military markings and such. Might put a bit more techy looking bling on the joints too. Looking a bit bare in there.

HsrTz4B.jpg

ihT9PBD.jpg

Q3ojFmY.jpg

3g0Py70.jpg

OUKBiEr.jpg

xgk3VTa.jpg

I got bored and installed lighting in the three footer's engines.

The three-footer is a scaled down version, using the same build formers and methods. I used scrap wood and putty from around the workshop, bits of wire, coathangers, cable ties and whatever else suited the job. I only hope the life sized one turns out as good or better. You can see parts of it in the background.

JJsMSLk.jpg

X7tocSw.jpg

Manpa..Any chance you getting hold of some 'Huon Pine'.. I'd love to see some of your work in that beautiful timber. :perfect:

Manpa said:
EVIE/BEE said:
Manpa..Any chance you getting hold of some 'Huon Pine'.. I'd love to see some of your work in that beautiful timber. :perfect:
Dont see to much Huon Pine in dear old SA , I do have a small piece though so I might dimension it up and make a small project to satisfy your curiosity!
Cheers

Love to see it mate.. :clap: It deserves to be french polished that stuff.

Latest posts