Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spot on Billy! I rebuilding my house that had the roof ripped off in a storm - insurance refused to pay :mad: . Finished the framing and roof is on, now I 'm re-lining ceilings and walls with hardieflex and villaboard cement sheets. I'm working by myself and have a panel lifter to raise the panels to the ceiling but needed something to help me get them inside without damaging them or me. I need to move about 40 sheets and this works a treat, you can even steer it.
1585613294_img_2517.jpg

Stingray said:
Spot on Billy! I rebuilding my house that had the roof ripped off in a storm - insurance refused to pay :mad: . Finished the framing and roof is on, now I 'm re-lining ceilings and walls with hardieflex and villaboard cement sheets. I'm working by myself and have a panel lifter to raise the panels to the ceiling but needed something to help me get them inside without damaging them or me. I need to move about 40 sheets and this works a treat, you can even steer it.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7745/1585613294_img_2517.jpg

i cant believe insurance refused to pay.

New hangar is up. I had a little bit of help from friends to do the big lifts, but for the most I've had to do it alone, especially at the moment as we are in the middle of all the new rules on social distancing because of COVID-19.

Most of the modular sections of the Viper I moved back in last night. I've been able to do a lot while I stay at home, but I also need to watch my pennies, which is slowing me down.

Still to do - Stud wall down the length of the hangar to separate the 3m door from the 4m door, insulation, power, lighting, drywall on the insides, weld up some new work benches, install machinery, etc etc. I've a long way to go and without the ability to go where I want, when I want, it's going to be yet another delay.

I still need a few bodies to help me push the rest of the Viper, (main fuselage/engineblock/landing gear), from one end of the house, down the driveway, up the street then navigate the kerb into the other driveway and into the new hangar. I can then reassemble it and start the fibreglass work. With limits on social gatherings of no more than two people at the moment, I'm going to have to wait.

UrtIsss.jpg

XcHkXFh.jpg

KvIOUVn.jpg

Sandbagger said:
New hangar is up. I had a little bit of help from friends to do the big lifts, but for the most I've had to do it alone, especially at the moment as we are in the middle of all the new rules on social distancing because of COVID-19.

Most of the modular sections of the Viper I moved back in last night. I've been able to do a lot while I stay at home, but I also need to watch my pennies, which is slowing me down.

Still to do - Stud wall down the length of the hangar to separate the 3m door from the 4m door, insulation, power, lighting, drywall on the insides, weld up some new work benches, install machinery, etc etc. I've a long way to go and without the ability to go where I want, when I want, it's going to be yet another delay.

I still need a few bodies to help me push the rest of the Viper, (main fuselage/engineblock/landing gear), from one end of the house, down the driveway, up the street then navigate the kerb into the other driveway and into the new hangar. I can then reassemble it and start the fibreglass work. With limits on social gatherings of no more than two people at the moment, I'm going to have to wait.

https://i.imgur.com/UrtIsss.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/XcHkXFh.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/KvIOUVn.jpg?1
If you're scratching your head for things to do while you wait....can I suggest a bit of weeding? :D

In my seemingly unending quest for some order in the shed, I came up with a way to store some more fishing rods.
I had already put hooks into the ceiling beams for all the rods with reels on them, but wanted to get the rest up out of the way, and I had run out of hooks.
I had some decent ply off cuts and after a bit of thinking juice :beer: :beer: came up with a plan.
Made some holes, screwed some supports:

1586341202_7a5c43d8-4d31-434a-8592-a128d7b29c45.jpg

Attached to the beam and we are halfway there :Y:

1586341318_01cd1a58-b4cd-47e8-b2c1-e8e6472be94b.jpg

Now to work out how to hold the butts :beer: :beer: :clap: :idea:

This worked surprisingly well and although it doesnt look that pretty, it suits me and my shed :playful:

1586341633_057179a0-824a-4630-826f-cd9afc59a4ae.jpg

diggin4gold said:
Billy, cut the top of the holes and you will not have to worry about the eyes getting caught

Gday mate, thanks for the suggestion :Y:

The way I have them mounted doesnt allow for the top to be cut.

Im not to worried about them, as I dont use these rods very often and its easy enough to get them out carefully if required.

Latest posts