Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandbagger said:
^^^ I like it Muk!

The Viper breaks down in modular sections for packing into storage or a truck for transport. I am toying with the idea of modifying a long car trailer to permanently store it on.

Baz.
3 LCD screens and 3 dof on the legs, every budding pilots dream.
Best simulator ever

aussiefarmer said:
Park it at the airport .

I had the idea for a while for an April 1 gig.

Drive around at night and pull up next to people at traffic lights with my seat laid back so they cant see me , while I hold up an inflatable grey alien with its arms on the steering wheel and move it around so it looks sideways at people and switch on little led bulbs inside its eyes.

Maybe do something similar with his Viper ... :lol:

Not sure if you'se have seen Wallys thread about fibreglass matting for Sandbaggers viper
1555942371_5lpy8sp.jpg
1555942404_ioovs3q.jpg

Link to Wally's thread :Y:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=484830#p484830

Mackka, it is incredibly comfortable, the incentive to get it done was Lorraines impending op, needs a good chair with arms to assist with standing up.

Jaros, yes it was a labour of love, I'm really pleased with how it came up, it's got a few woodworm holes and some teeth marks on a bottom stretcher where a dog has had a chew on it at some stage plus the usual knocks which I left, I wanted the chair to tell a story and have some character.

I am putting together its history and putting in a sealed envelope under the chair so in another thirty or forty years when the kids get it they will know its provenance.

Looking forward to nursing the grand kids in it.

Mackka, go for it. It helps to keep the history of things alive. My mum has an old picture viewer (can't remember the bloody name of it)
that was her mums as a child, it needs some restoration work, so I have my eye on that as a future project.

Spent some time on some Secret Santa gifts the other day which I'll post some pics of soon.

Thanks Pa really appreciate it.
I have a childs desk and chair from the 40s that was left to me. Unfortunately, due to the humidity and heat, Queensland, the desk is going to need repairs as the joints have given away around the drawer and a lot of time will be needed on this.
Wont be this year, but maybe the next if time allows.
Mackka

Mate in that 3rd pic I thought you were one of the guys from the movie THE EXPENDABLES you just keep kickin it no matter what it's awesome progress in action.

silver said:
Not sure if you'se have seen Wallys thread about fibreglass matting for Sandbaggers viper

Thanks mate! I just noticed this and went to have a look and comment.

Cheers,

Baz.

Gday all I had a few spare moments today so I made a little critter/bitey and my version of a large pick Ive been asked by several people to make a large pick so this is what I have the front is a plough disc and the back a car spring Im open for comments cheers Muk.
1556272756_6f498218-9fc7-4f3b-96cc-793daddfa074.jpg

1556272757_7b7ebe88-f396-425a-bba3-37a6da242f25.jpg

1556272757_acc420a9-cbd9-4e2c-92e1-ef4f8b0dda86.jpg

Muk said:
Gday all I had a few spare moments today so I made a little critter/bitey and my version of a large pick Ive been asked by several people to make a large pick so this is what I have the front is a plough disc and the back a car spring Im open for comments cheers Muk.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7785/1556272756_6f498218-9fc7-4f3b-96cc-793daddfa074.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2757_7b7ebe88-f396-425a-bba3-37a6da242f25.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2757_acc420a9-cbd9-4e2c-92e1-ef4f8b0dda86.jpg

Nice work again Muk :Y: I don't doubt the digging ability of your pick considering the material used :Y: For me a flat sided pick are the way to go for clearing ground and backfilling quickly. That said I still favour my old Walco :) just need to fill in the sides to get what I want.

I agree RM but I was shown a similar pick to what I have made from a shop owner and told it would be a winner saying that I have another nearly finished that does have straight sides so I will have a choice thanks for the feedback when the other pick is finished Ill put some pics up cheers Muk.

Muk said:
I agree RM but I was shown a similar pick to what I have made from a shop owner and told it would be a winner saying that I have another nearly finished that does have straight sides so I will have a choice thanks for the feedback when the other pick is finished Ill put some pics up cheers Muk.

:Y:

Latest posts