Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice looking unit, would love to see it in action. Hope if brings in all the colour :D

That is bloody cool. Good stuff!

How long in man hours did it take to make?

My big question...as I'm new...you can't use a machine with-out a miners license so where do you use it in NSW or QLD?

Cheers guys,

Gold billyen, i built it over 2 days, i'm not sure about nsw or qld rules and regs, but here in vic you can use them pretty much anywhere you are allowed to prospect, as long as you have a miners right.

Thanks Nugget, feel free to move it if you like

Goldagettin, i'd be interested to see what you have come up with

Goldagettin said:
Hardyakka that is an impressive looking unit indeed. That thing should chew through a fair bit of earth i'd recon.

Kawman, I'm fairly sure I've got the water powered trommel sussed out. I mentioned the idea in a DIY thread on here last week but was sort of put off by being told it was illegal to use coz its still powered.....???? If people want to get their hands on water powered trommels then I might get a prototype going soon.

Very interested in your water powered trommel. Can't wait to see it.

Thought i'd put up a pic of it on my back, about to head into the bush.

1394908179_005-optimized.jpg

We'll done Hardyakka, a mighty fine looking piece of kit.

Beautiful bit of gear hardyakka.
Could I suggest that you add a hip strap like they have on the better backpacks as it will reduce the shoulder cutting and let you walk easier & further. At the end of a big day it could multiply it's weight 3 or 4 times, I know my gear does. ;)
Any chance of a video?

slowflow said:
Could I suggest that you add a hip strap like they have on the better backpacks as it will reduce the shoulder cutting and let you walk easier & further. At the end of a big day it could multiply it's weight 3 or 4 times, I know my gear does. ;)
Any chance of a video?

http://youtu.be/j3LwMnZZ9o0. :)

Today i started constructing my first high banker.
after breaking 4 cheap, made in china drill bits for the pop rivet holes. i went and bought some decent quality drill bits.

Happy how its coming along so far.
next i need to work on the legs. im thinking of using box aluminium like wal has used on his for the leg supports and have pvc legs or aluminium legs.

1394963989_hb.jpg

looking good, i am impressed with how things are being made, makes me want to take it to the next level

slowflow said:
Any chance of a video?

Ellis pack or PARA pack ex army, should be able to find them at army disposal stores 8)

Thanks dwt & slowflow,
I called into an aussie disposal store today but didnt see any ex army packs, did buy a few more buckles and a heap of webbing though, might put a chest strap on it as well as a hip strap.

Its taken over a week of head scratching to make this stainless steel air fuel sensor adaptor for a friends bike dyno, it needed to be fully adjustable up,down,left,and right,and 360 deg rotatable,got some serious nose bleeds over this one,installed it today and she worked a charm first time round......thank god for that :rolleyes:

1395553324_march_22nd_011-optimized.jpg

Latest posts