Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I can't afford a highbanker until I get some colour, this will have to do. I hope like hell it works :D

I've got nothing to compare it to, so let's see lol

1389870120_dsc01236.jpg

Thanks guys, I don't think there will be enough water in the creek up in Nundle but here's hoping lol. I'll be taking the small gutter sluice as well :D

Twapster said:
Will be bringing the mini banker with bilge, runs on a tub of water so that's my secret weapon!
Cant wait to see it work mate. Is your missus keen to find the tong?

Looks great Tone!! Well done mate, amazing what some tools, materials
And an idea can produce!

gavfromoz said:
Today I attempted to cut out the bread crate for my new river sluice. I'm trying out something different, so this is the first part of it. Backed rubber moss as per Wal's method under it all of course.
Can anyone please tell me where on earth do I find the expanded catwalk material. As this is a larger river sluice, approx 1.2m x 400 x 250, I only require a small size yet no one wants to sell offcuts :( Not quite sure if I cut out the squares correctly as this is my first attempt.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1268/1389779513_dsc01235.jpg

Try asking one of the guys that drive the Telstra vans.
I got a bit from one that was hit by a car.

gavfromoz said:
Today I attempted to cut out the bread crate for my new river sluice. I'm trying out something different, so this is the first part of it. Backed rubber moss as per Wal's method under it all of course.
Can anyone please tell me where on earth do I find the expanded catwalk material. As this is a larger river sluice, approx 1.2m x 400 x 250, I only require a small size yet no one wants to sell offcuts :( Not quite sure if I cut out the squares correctly as this is my first attempt.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1268/1389779513_dsc01235.jpg

Hey Gav, If you need any catwalk (sapphire) or my Gold expanded send me a PM and I'll sort it out for you mate,

Wal.

Improved the shop cyclone vac.. little bit of debries gets to the vacuum. Majority is in the bucket. Had a collapse problem with the traffic cone and bucket. Got a rigid plastc cone from bunnings and went to town. Most of the plumbing is 32 mm this works with the hose..

1394084209_20140306_152342.jpg

1394084752_20140306_152353.jpg

1394084961_20140306_152654.jpg

Hi Tone ,
Can I ask - is your inlet at an angle to the centreline of your cone , or is it at 90degrees with a deflector inside to create the cyclonic airflow to let the heavies fall out ...
Steve .

Today i made a finishing sluice out of an offcut of 50mm black corrugated drainage pipe and i'm surprised at it's efficiency in delivering up more black sands than i expected and also another couple of specks of the yella stuff and this out of my absolutely flogged tub of cons that i use for panning practice.

The vital statistics are .....Sluice is a tad over 1 metre long, Fall was about 100mm over the sluice length, Flow was 6 > 8 litres per minute. Construction was simply to slit the pipe in half lengthways, snap one half inside the other to provide extra rigidity and zip tie the assembly to a tomato stake. A modification for the second run was to add a slick plate at the inlet - it's a joiner cut in the same manner as the pipe and held in place in the sluice with a couple of extra zip ties. I'm happy

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/GP1PvrSnqsA[/video]

1394455066_photo.png

casper

Latest posts