Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished fitting a 2nd hand radiator to this racing lawn mower(blades not included), and setting a 10deg camber to the front end :eek: ..............next i'll have the senior citizens coming in for suspension upgrade kits to their gophers,
"i want a luggage rack holder for my shopping"....."yes mamm"......"dont forget about my flag pole"....."no mamm"...."dont get wise with me sonny"........."no mamm"....... :/

1395705300_march_25_002-optimized.jpg

1395705331_march_25_003-optimized.jpg

This death factory on wheels is packing a slightly worked KTM 250, with pro circuit pipe and muffler......sheeeeeez, and no i didnt take it for a test run "murphy's law" would BE on my side with this one i can guarantee you that....... "bang" "crash" "splat" 8.(

my grandma wants one with a hayabusa engine , can you knock it up mate ?

( The mower i mean not grandma )

hey you might want to weld a small steel bridge across the top of the posts holding the radiator to stop the mounts cracking due to vibration

Ali radiators dont tolerate vibration well :(

looks like fun

HeadsUp said:

hey you might want to weld a small steel bridge across the top of the posts holding the radiator to stop the mounts cracking due to vibration

looks like fun

Howdy Headsup, we were going to do that but one of the radiator hoses is in the way, so we snuck 2 bracket's in behind where you can see the radiator mounts, good pick up though, keeping you on your toes i am.....cheers mate :D

Unbeleivable.. seems to have no original mower bits left anywhere.. looks like a set of wheelie bars could be a good thing to fit to stop it flipping over..... :)

dwt said:
HeadsUp said:

looks like fun

Howdy Headsup, we were going to do that but one of the radiator hoses is in the way, so we snuck 2 bracket's in behind where you can see the radiator mounts, good pick up though, keeping you on your toes i am.....cheers mate :D
On the same thought as Headsup.
Take a look at the engine mounts that fit inside a waker/compactor. Small enough to fit between the support brackets for the radiator and take up some of the vibration for it.... :)
Great job dwt.
Cheers
Chris

ChrisM said:
dwt said:
HeadsUp said:

looks like fun

On the same thought as Headsup.
Take a look at the engine mounts that fit inside a waker/compactor. Small enough to fit between the support brackets for the radiator and take up some of the vibration for it.... :)
Great job dwt.
Cheers
Chris

forgot to mention they are rubber mounted between the alloy brackets and steel supports,had to keep them quite small so it could fit in between the front shroud and not breach the racing regulations, (ps, i dont own it).. thanks gents :cool:

I made my own electrolysis cleaner from a 50c Nokia charger and some alligator clips from jaycar. All up about $2 and the crust is coming straight of the coins with no soaking :)

Top job Bazza, I can picture that full of Yabbies / Red Claw being dipped into a large pot of boiling water.

casper said:
Today i made a finishing sluice out of an offcut of 50mm black corrugated drainage pipe and i'm surprised at it's efficiency in delivering up more black sands than i expected and also another couple of specks of the yella stuff and this out of my absolutely flogged tub of cons that i use for panning practice.

The vital statistics are .....Sluice is a tad over 1 metre long, Fall was about 100mm over the sluice length, Flow was 6 > 8 litres per minute. Construction was simply to slit the pipe in half lengthways, snap one half inside the other to provide extra rigidity and zip tie the assembly to a tomato stake. A modification for the second run was to add a slick plate at the inlet - it's a joiner cut in the same manner as the pipe and held in place in the sluice with a couple of extra zip ties. I'm happy

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/GP1PvrSnqsA[/video]

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/562/1394455066_photo.png

casper

Today I made finishing sluice mkII. I used the same bit of offcut black corrugated drainage pipe that was (used in mk I above) but i ditched the tomato stake backbone in favour of rigid plumbing pipe slit in half lengthways. The enclosed head piece functions as water inlet and feeder and contains a shallow V rib rubber mat to optimise liquefaction of the washdirt before it hits the corrugations which was immediately visible as quicker and more complete clearing of the "lights" from the sluice delivering more concentrated "heavies" Next I am thinking of making a flare and trying it as a river sluice.
casper

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/7MtMe2Gr5Os[/video]

Quaka 360 triple would juuust about sit in there. PMSL.
That looks like a real heap of fun.
I have a complete 1972 bike hidden in the shed. :)

dwt said:
Just finished fitting a 2nd hand radiator to this racing lawn mower(blades not included), and setting a 10deg camber to the front end :eek: ..............next i'll have the senior citizens coming in for suspension upgrade kits to their gophers,
"i want a luggage rack holder for my shopping"....."yes mamm"......"dont forget about my flag pole"....."no mamm"...."dont get wise with me sonny"........."no mamm"....... :/

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ges/428/1395705300_march_25_002-optimized.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ges/428/1395705331_march_25_003-optimized.jpg

This death factory on wheels is packing a slightly worked KTM 250, with pro circuit pipe and muffler......sheeeeeez, and no i didnt take it for a test run "murphy's law" would BE on my side with this one i can guarantee you that....... "bang" "crash" "splat" 8.(

Yes show and tell on the electrolysis system if you can.. I am guessing neg on the item or coin, pos on some sacrificial material and away you go.. ... What did you use as the other metal?

Cheers, Tone

BrisJoe, I would like to purchase your "BattleBra" is that possible? this post disappeared before?

Latest posts