Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday all made some more junk art today as well as working on a project for another forum member can you guess what this latest item is made from I dont think it would be to hard anyway cheers Muk.
1553423794_d6b20860-21ff-4ae1-a185-1c767e6cd765.jpg

1553423795_8db0e5ee-987e-4b95-bd07-5ae3489f865c.jpg

Excellent, I've been using landscape screws and an impact driver for years.
I just use washers, [no welding skills]

Nightjar said:
Visited the Claremont Caravan & Camping show and saw close up some "Awning/tent pegs"
Visit to Bunnings and an hour in the shed and here are four for the price of one.
No more skinned knuckles hammering pegs into rocky ground while trying to tie the van awning down.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1414/1553471259_awning_pegs_001.jpg

Good idea Pete but may have been better if they had a coarser thread that is larger in diameter compared to the shaft size. Would give better grip in the ground then. I take it that you are going to use your cordless drill.

Cheers

Doug

Watching this with interest, as I have an old Viscount along with the old style annex, I have to carry about 12 pegs along with a short handled maul, all of which makes for a lot of weight. How long do the screws/bolts last before they are no longer effective, as drilling into dirt/gravel/rocks must make an impact on the thread.

Graham

Just did a search and these come up at bunnies, might have to have a look next time in town.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/whites-wires-15pk-screw-in-tent-pegs_p3042468

Make sure you pick up some Mud Gaurd flat washers as well, they are very wide and retain guy ropes well,
just put your coach screw through the middle, put the rope around the bolt under the washer.

:Y: :perfect:

This is what I use, Otter landscape screws, available in 4 sizes from memory, 150, 175, 200, 225mm. I use 225mm for guy ropes and 175mm for soft floor edges with a mudguard washer.
1553580545_image.jpg

Can't remember the last time I drove a tent peg, I also carry a 400mm 6.5mm masonry drill if I hit real hard ground so I can pre drill, luckily haven't had to use it yet.

Latest posts