Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that looks good, SinHof. Diane sauce was a classic sauce in the late 50's 60's, and already a bit passe when I started to eat out with my parents in the late 60's. I still enjoy it, and a scratch version is so much better than the glorified gravy packet sauces you get in most pubs.

G'Day Dr Duck and NeilM,
Yes DD, the home made Diane sauce is very hard to beat, I've just finished cutting up and bagging two full bodies of deer (Fallow) quite a bit of work but the end result is to be enjoyed for many great meals over the coming months, also there will be scope to try some different methods/variations given we have a range of different cuts; our new GSP puppy now twelve weeks old certainly has found a taste for the off cuts, so in all the whole family is rather happy, well worth the time and effort to hunt the deer and the follow-up chores to get the meat into the freezer. Home cured venison silverside is on the menu for to nights dinner and cold cuts for later in the week.
Cheers, SinHof.
1499834625_20170712_143441.jpg

DIY curing kit, works really well.

Thanks Ramjet, the meal ate as well as it looked, even better perhaps; nothing like having a supply of fresh meat/venison that you obtained from the mountains and worked it through to the table, very satisfying on a couple of levels.
Mackka; There are quite a few variations on how to prepare Diane sauce, the one we mostly use is pretty much as per DD's link, thanks for that mate; unfortunately the last of the brandy evaporated during the night last week while self was out detecting, funny how it seems to vanish during very cold nights.
Keep warm everyone, SinHof.

A good mate came over last weekend for an afternoon of "brew and Q" :cool:

Fired up the Dragon for some pork belly burnt ends and some boneless chicken thighs treated the same way.

1500096340_c_and_b_cook_1.jpg

A chimney of heat beats in the Weber along with some wings and a few more thighs.

1500096291_c_and_b_cook_2.jpg

1500096292_c_and_b_cook_3.jpg

1500096292_c_and_b_cook_4.jpg

Pig out we did!!! :D

Total protein consumed: 1 pork belly, 1 KG of chicken wings and 5 chicken thighs. :eek: ]:D

Total beers and rums consumed: hmmmm...... not sure..... :rolleyes: ]:D

Cheers,

Billy.

Got the Nectre Bakers Oven installed on Saturday morning, and have had fun with it over the weekend.

1500203497_20017579_1303557329770685_3940992031113107346_o.jpg

We had some friends over on Saturday night, so I made these potato, shallot and rosemary pizzas with buffalo mozzarella. Bases were nice and crispy and bubbly, but is hard to see in the pic.

1500203636_potato_pizza.jpg

We ducked down to the Fyshwick food markets on Friday arvo after work, and got some nice seafood.

Baked coral trout steaks with shellfish and saffron sauce, king prawn, calamari, seared scallops and garnished with crispy calamari tentacles, with some asparagus and a salad on the side.

1500203821_coral_troutjpg.jpg

Jannine made a beautiful coconut syrup cake, and I ate cheese.

There a great oven Dr Duck you'll be cooking up some great food in that :Y:. Friends have a Gourmet Cooker (same thing) and we've been treated to some beautiful meals. Great for bread, baking potatoes, casseroles, curries to name a few.

Thursday was a simple dish of chicken schnitty with chicken gravy and some unpasturised sour craut on the side.

1500640545_chicken_schnitty.jpg

Friday it was just Jannine and me, so I made pork chops, seasoned with crushed white pepper, salt and fennel.

On a bed of butter beans (the canned ones). Fried up a very fine dice of shallot, carrot, celery and fennel in olive oil, deglazed with wine and then some chicken stock, thyme, a dash of cider vinegar and some of the seasoning. Reduced this down before putting in the beans and some diced granny smith apple that had been sauteed in butter.

Served with a plain green salad, just delicious...

Couple of blonds while cooking, a Martini, and two small glasses of red, so no damage done. Just finishing off the evening with an old fashioned on Canadian Rye, and watching the TDF. Great night in!

1500640837_pork_chop_and_beans.jpg

DrDuck said:
Thursday was a simple dish of chicken schnitty with chicken gravy and some unpasturised sour craut on the side.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1500640545_chicken_schnitty.jpg

Friday it was just Jannine and me, so I made pork chops, seasoned with crushed white pepper, salt and fennel.

On a bed of butter beans (the canned ones). Fried up a very fine dice of shallot, carrot, celery and fennel in olive oil, deglazed with wine and then some chicken stock, thyme, a dash of cider vinegar and some of the seasoning. Reduced this down before putting in the beans and some diced granny smith apple that had been sauteed in butter.

Served with a plain green salad, just delicious...

Couple of blonds while cooking, a Martini, and two small glasses of red, so no damage done. Just finishing off the evening with an old fashioned on Canadian Rye, and watching the TDF. Great night in!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1500640837_pork_chop_and_beans.jpg

Yum. Your making my meals look pretty basic. Nectre make great wood burning stoves and fire places. Great choice!!

Latest posts