Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a simple meal last night for us.

Place Silverside, Water, onion, garlic, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, bay leaves in a slow cooker or saucepan. Simmer until tender. :D
Make some white sauce.

1498349354_20170624_183031.jpg

RM Outback said:
Mackka said:
What no cauliflower RJ to go with the white sauce?
Mackka
Looks very nice mate.

Ha ha ha it's not complete without the cauliflower, well spotted Mackka.

Haha. Well spotted. Funny thing that when getting some veg I was so excited to see the silver beet, ( hasn't been on the shelves for months). I saw the caulie but didn't pick one up. OH the shame. LOL :D :D

Slow cooked a whole shin of beef today.

Seasoned it and seared it well, before putting it into the slow cooker for 8 hours with beef stock, onions, carrot and celery, thyme, bay, a glass of red wine, a little tomato, salt, pepper and a teaspoon of Korean Gochujang (chilli paste).

Here it is about to go into the slow cooker...
1498383569_beef_shank_1.jpg

After 8 hours, and with the sauce pureed with the stick mixer...
1498383609_beef_shank_2.jpg

Taken off the bone and put back into the sauce, served on a bed of pasta with gremolata (parmesan, garlic, lemon rind and parsley). The cook got the bone marrow!
1498383704_beef_shank_3.jpg

Served just with some buttered peas on the side.

A few years ago I went to the SSS steakhouse in Dubbo (actually went there a couple of times), and their eating challenge was a whole beef shank (it's similar to a leg of lamb). You got your name on a board if you ate it in an hour. While I'm sure I could have risen to the challenge, I did not give it a go! First time I was on my own, and second time I was with the family. Jannine frowns on such things!

Not sure if this should go in the "what did you modify" section ;), or this one....
Adjusted a meat bearing apparatus to fit the Dragon and smoked up some pork belly.... :p
I also made a vinegar based Bbq sauce to compliment it.
Thanks to JS for his "pork belly burnt ends" recipe.... :Y:

1498914967_pb_smoke_1.jpg

1498914968_pb_smoke_2.jpg

1498914968_pb_smoke_3.jpg

1498914901_pb_smoke_4.jpg

1498914901_pb_smoke_5.jpg

1498914902_pb_smoke_6.jpg

1498914902_pb_smoke_7.jpg

Cheers and a few beers.... :cool:

Billy....

Home alone tonight, and I often get a bit experimental in the kitchen, as if it does not work, it doesn't matter.

So I got some nice pork spare ribs, took the skin off, and seasoned with white pepper, salt and fennel, toasted and crushed up in the mortar and pestle.

Rolled them up and stuck a tooth pick through to hold.

Then coloured them in the pan, and put them under foil in a 110 oven for about three hours.

Finished with seared scallops and a bit more of the seasoning, some lemon juice on the side.

I'll make this again.

1499512569_pork_and_scallops.jpg

Hi Folks,
Been a few weeks since posting here on PA; this past couple of weeks have been away prospecting/detecting and hunting with pleasing results on both counts.
Tonight I prepared two venison whole fillets, and what better way to celebrate our first venison meal for the season than to have them served with Diane sauce, Diana was the Greco-Roman goddess of the hunt and the moon, the sauce was traditionally served with venison according to history and yes, we had both the venison and the near full moon while we enjoyed the meal, baked and steamed vegies completed the dish.
1499774914_20170711_183934.jpg
1499774956_20170711_191219.jpg

Take care, SinHof.

Thanks for the comments guys, it's been a while since we last had a good supply of venison, all good now though.
SinHof.

Latest posts