Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your welcome Hard Luck.....
Nothing like that form the fittersandturners up here....lol

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Hi ive tried cooking damper in my oven at home for the last month,ive made 7 so far and though ive tried 3 different ways none rise ,some are nice tasting and the worst was the most recommended way with a can of beer,i could of used it to hammer tent pegs in,lol,,so far ive tried.
1,plain flour, pinch of salt ,can of beer fail but useful as a doorstop or hammer.
2, plain flour, pinch of salt, water and yeast,fail not very nice;
3, self raising flour, pinch of salt,water,these ones are nice to eat but dense like all the others.
4, self raising flour,pinch of salt,water and big pinch of bicarb,nice to eat not quite as dense.
The trouble is they are all the same size coming out of the oven as the lump that went in,
I just put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together with wooden spoon, and pull out onto tray with spatula,
where am i going wrong? do i need to sift flour maybe?or do i need to pull out of bowl and flour outside whilest kneeding dough? or am i missing something?
look forward to any help ,
cheers Nick

Hey Nicko I'm no expert but I am sure that a little Dry Yeast mixed with warm water would do the trick. Plain Flour, Oil, salt, teaspoon sugar, dry yeast mixed with water.
Mackka
Oh and when made leave it in the bowl with a tea towel over it till it doubles in size.

Ah Hard Luck I can see that you are doin it tough mate, poor buggar. Me too. Just having a King Prawn salad cause tonight is Healthy night. Not sure if I can eat the 2 kgs of prawns but you cannot leave anything on ya plate mate.
Cheers
Mackka

Chicken breast wraps tonight.

20161020_200049.jpg

20161020_202336.jpg

I hate chicken as I was in hospital for 3 weeks on antibiotic drips to kill a staph infection. I am slowly coming back but it has taken 2.5 yrs. and I am very photosensitive--sun hurts!!!
Chooks are only good for doonas :p :p :D

Jaros said:
I hate chicken as I was in hospital for 3 weeks on antibiotic drips to kill a staph infection. I am slowly coming back but it has taken 2.5 yrs. and I am very photosensitive--sun hurts!!!
Chooks are only good for doonas :p :p :D

Sorry to hear of what happened to you Jaros. Did you get food poisoning from chicken?
they are good for eggs. I keep a few.

I hope lamb is more to your liking. Someone dropped 10kg into my lap today, surprisingly enough. Gyros fillets. A bit too late to cook it this weekend. damn!!

Sitting in the fridge.
20161020_185948.jpg

I'll turn it into this. First chance i get.

20160528_150240.jpg

Hard Luck don't listen to Jaros he's just jealous. I eat chook two to three times a week and then its fish and maybe a piece of steak. Chook should be the staple diet and your kids will thank you for it in the years to come.
Hear chook chook chook!!!!!!!
Mackka

Mackka said:
Hard Luck don't listen to Jaros he's just jealous. I eat chook two to three times a week and then its fish and maybe a piece of steak. Chook should be the staple diet and your kids will thank you for it in the years to come.
Mackka

I agree.
We probably have it at least a couple of times a week. Pretty versatile stuff.
Yeah I have to force myself to eat lamb...LOL

thanks, for your reply's i think a couple i made were about on par with the ones cooked on the links supplied by mike70 and will also give macca's and smoky's ideas a try

Mackka said:
Mackka

Quite some years ago I used to work for one of our largest chicken producers..They could get a newly hatched chicken to a huge on your plate chicken in just 6 weeks with a variety of supplements. They had an experimental shed that was mostly off limits to everyone that had chickens in there almost as big as emu's.
I don't know if anyone has noticed but kids seem to develop a lot earlier than they used to and now days chicken is one of our main food groups.Could the 2 be related??(chickens full of hormones)...Sorry to go off topic and just for the record,in our household chicken is still consumed more than any other meat..

Cheers...

Sparra said:
Mackka said:
Mackka

Quite some years ago I used to work for one of our largest chicken producers..They could get a newly hatched chicken to a huge on your plate chicken in just 6 weeks with a variety of supplements. They had an experimental shed that was mostly off limits to everyone that had chickens in there almost as big as emu's.
I don't know if anyone has noticed but kids seem to develop a lot earlier than they used to and now days chicken is one of our main food groups.Could the 2 be related??(chickens full of hormones)...Sorry to go off topic and just for the record,in our household chicken is still consumed more than any other meat..

Cheers...

If you can get a copy of "Food Inc" it really is worth watching. Scary what the big companies are doing to our food supplies and to the farmers that produce it.

Latest posts