Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking brisket Billy. Haven't made one in a while due to the size of them. But the leftovers do freeze up good for future sandwiches.

1475061721_brisk_3.jpg

A nice big ribeye and lamb cutlets over the weekend.

20161001_193625.jpg

And it seems Tuesday nights are turning into pizza nights lately.

20161004_192343.jpg

Made curry over the last few days. It takes some preparation to make the chicken dish.

Butter Chicken - Murgh Makani, basically tandoori chicken in a tomato gravy. Chicken is marinated for 24 hours and grilled over high heat, before being finished in the sauce. It is not as red as the restaurant versions because I just used Kashmiri chilli for colour with no food colouring. Secret ingredient is methi leaves - dried fenugreek greens.

The green curry is Palak Paneer, Indian cottage cheese in a spicy spinach puree. Also on the plate is lime pickle, chilli pickle, cucumber and yougurt. and coconut sambal. The last thing is not authentic, as it comes from Sri Lanka, and the main dishes are North Indian (Punjab), but I like it because it is damned hot. We had wholemeal chapati on the side.

1475574437_curry.jpg

Guy's Stop with the food pic's Please ...
I am in a construction / operations camp....
That is run by a multi national service provider that has a 10 year contract.....
The food that is dished up On site I would not feed to a dog( I would be charged with cruelty if I did ).....
Only joking about stopping the pic's....
You folk could teach this mob a thing or to.....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Hey, Jim,

I can sympathise because my first job out of school was as a kitchen hand at a construction camp in Bathurst. It was down on the river near the old water works. Jennings were building houses for the decentralising Mapping Authority employees.

However, the food was pretty good, as the cook and his mate were ex army cooks who really knew their stuff, and to maintain industrial peace the blokes could eat as much as they wanted. If they could eat 4 or 5 t-bones they could have them!

By the time I worked there the camp was mainly down to painters and carpet layers. Some of the blokes used to knock off at three and go to the pub for 10 schooners or so, then back to camp for tea at 6:00. Then back to the pub or the club to play the pokies (none in pubs back then) and have another 10 or 15 and maybe more schooners. I've never seen blokes who could drink like them. Someone always used to drive back to camp, too.

DrDuck,

I know what you are saying ....

@ Hard Luck,
Thanks mate lol.....

All good fun guys I have got to give this smoking food lark a try ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Sometimes you want some simple comfort food.

After an expensive meal at a hipster place in Canberra on Saturday, which was OK but could have been better, I wanted something good and tasty, so crumbed cutlets was the go for a Sunday night dinner.

I seasoned the cutlets in a dry rub of toasted white pepper, fennel, salt and thyme, and then crumbed them in the usual way, and cooked them in olive oil and butter. Served with silver beet with bacon and potato and sweet potato chips on the side. Just a squeeze of lemon on top and they were delicious, and I have a couple left over for breakfast tomorrow.

1476009823_cutlets.jpg

Wait until you see my Caravaners meal. LOL
I have 2 fridges full of tucker just in case I am delayed a day or two.
Yes, It has Ribs in it. LOL
I have a problem with Bandwidth at the moment sitting here in the Caravan park
at Laanecoorie.
I will put a post up when I am back in civilization. :) :)

Latest posts