Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recon that Ramjet and DrDuck should do a trip up here to site....
And teach The Fitters and Turners what Good Food is ........
"Fit Good Food into pros and Turn it into Shyte"......

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Today i cooked some lamb chump chops in my new stone fry pan given to me by my beatifull daughter for my birthday

Just cooking these now. Probably about another half hour to go.
Threw on a handful of hickory when I put them on.
The first one and a half are mine..lol

20160924_185741.jpg

Great looking chooks HL, what seasoning did you throw on them? I can see some sort of stuffing as well? :p

Must be the season for real cooking ay? Got a brisket happening at the moment on the Dragon. First one for me and as such, we shall see :/

Billy said:
Great looking chooks HL, what seasoning did you throw on them? I can see some sort of stuffing as well? :p

Must be the season for real cooking ay? Got a brisket happening at the moment on the Dragon. First one for me and as such, we shall see :/

Billy. I just rubbed them with olive oil and squeezed lemon juice all over them. Salt and pepper only. I tend to go heavy on the salt as it makes the skin really crispy.
No stuffing just put the spent lemons up there. First time I've ever smoked chicken. Turned out pretty good.
Kids comments "this tastes like your bacon dad".

Great looking ribs. And all the best with the brisket.

Hard Luck said:
A couple of Saturdays ago. I was invited to a family salami making day. All up 120 kg was made with a few different recipes. 15 kg was allocated to me.

They are now hanging and nearly halfway through the curing process.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...8kXW9yRwCL0B/w487-h865-no/20160709_094223.jpg

Wow HL, I'm envious, I have just a little bit of Italian blood (my great grand parents are from Livorno and migrated to New Zealand in the 1880's) but sadly none of their rich culture survived to be passed down to the succeeding generations. i love to cook, prefer wine to beer and hearing Maria Callis or Pavroti sing makes me cry.... and I'm extremely carefull not to cut myself! .....lest I loose that precious little bit of Italian blood ;)

viva la famiglia

casper

Ramjet said:
Oh you bastard. :D
I really gotta fire up my smokers n Webers. Nothin beats a smokey Pizza.

Don't procrastinate Mr Jet, fire em up!!! :D

Hard Luck, they are mighty fine looking pies mate!! :p They are next on my list of "firsts" on the Dragon.

The last "first" was a brisket of prime beef that I had a crack at last weekend.

Only a little one in the scheme of things (2.5 kg) but I was lucky enough to cut it off the forequarter myself ;)

Rubbed and ready:

1475061379_brisk_1.jpg

Low and slow at 110C for 10 hours and I had a peek 8) :

1475061571_brisk_2.jpg

Looking good so foiled and esky rested for a few more hours and unwrapped, sliced and enjoyed :p :p

1475061721_brisk_3.jpg

Have been eating it all week and froze a little to enjoy at a later date :)

Cheers,

Billy.

Latest posts