Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almond and papaya risotto.

1625822970_img_20210709_191303.jpg

Total experiment, but actually really tasty, on the list to do again with different dried fruit.

Ps, if anyone out near Dubbo would like the butcher who gets wagyu brisket and other cuts for smokers, pm me.

HippyProspecting said:
Looks the goods upside
Your going to be in for a long night waiting for that hunk of meat

Yeah mate I'm guessing 20 hours ish total. Usually around 2 hours per kilo. I'll stay up and keep cooking till perhaps 11pm, so it'll be over halfway cooked, then wrap it in foil, chuck it in the fridge and have to finish tomorrow. No choice there but it'll still be good. :Y:

Upside said:
HippyProspecting said:
Looks the goods upside
Your going to be in for a long night waiting for that hunk of meat

Yeah mate I'm guessing 20 hours ish total. Usually around 2 hours per kilo. I'll stay up and keep cooking till perhaps 11pm, so it'll be over halfway cooked, then wrap it in foil, chuck it in the fridge and have to finish tomorrow. No choice there but it'll still be good. :Y:

You could keep it cooking in the oven on a low heat overnight once it's been wrapped. You also get the added bonus of waking up in the morning to the smell of smoked brisket.

I've done this a couple of times when I couldn't be bothered keeping the smoker going all night and it's turn out fine

Latest posts