Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HippyProspecting said:
Upside said:
HippyProspecting said:
Looks the goods upside
Your going to be in for a long night waiting for that hunk of meat

Yeah mate I'm guessing 20 hours ish total. Usually around 2 hours per kilo. I'll stay up and keep cooking till perhaps 11pm, so it'll be over halfway cooked, then wrap it in foil, chuck it in the fridge and have to finish tomorrow. No choice there but it'll still be good. :Y:

You could keep it cooking in the oven on a low heat overnight once it's been wrapped. You also get the added bonus of waking up in the morning to the smell of smoked brisket.

I've done this a couple of times when I couldn't be bothered keeping the smoker going all night and it's turn out fine

I might do that still mate. Once it's wrapped the oven goes well and tbh I've never once lasted a full brisket cook outside. Always ends in the oven!

1629200301_20210817_213703.jpg

Anyone ever tried Jamaican jerk before? It's bloody delicious on chicken cooked over charcoal

Made Mango Chutney very recently
two double batches
one more gingery and one less so but hotter
1630294812_screenshot_2021-08-29-14-29-37.jpg

Five jars didn't seal properly... giving the last of those away this arvo, but this stuff keeps even in the cupboard once opened, nice on buttered toast.

My home grown mangos and chillies this time
hopefully be able to add ginger, onions, and garlic to that home grown list next time

Might be a plan Mackka... or maybe a muddy or two might be a nice way to start spring.
( I have one pot left unstolen) lol

Definition Unstolen.... something of value as yet still in possession.

So... this morning I foraged my breakfast like an animal,... here's the brekky list as I roamed the garden

I did eat two of my neighbors miracle tree leaves before I started outside

Asparagus shoots
snow peas
dwarf beans
strawberries
mulberries
one small birdseye chilli
yellow pawpaw
one red ripe coffee bean
chocolate pudding fruit
mandarin

Felt nicely full afterwards too