Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
How do you keep the thing fired up for that amount of time?
Mackka

It's cooked for 30hrs in a water bath before it's put over coals to finish it of mackka.

Something like this
1618903496_images.jpg

HippyProspecting said:
Bacon and now pizza
Your living the life solid luck :trophy:

Just been one of those last couple of weeks HippyProspecting. Was walking past the meat section at the local a couple of weeks ago and all 4 bellies were reduced to $9 each.
Haven't cooked either for about a year now. Plus I had to run the Kamado in at low temps for a few hours yesterday. Not being used to close to a year could crack it if run at high temps suddenly. Plan was to do an overnighter but ended up with a smallish (2kg) squared lamb shoulder. But cooked it yesterday arvo. I stuffed it royaly in my haste to eat it.
5 hours to get to 199f internal and it was still tough. Needed a couple more hours at least. Finished it in the oven this morning :)

Now. Back to my lentil diet :p

1622366324_20210529_181334.jpg

1622366325_20210529_181650.jpg

Mackka said:
They look great mate and it's all about the dough. Want to share your recipe?
Cheers
Mackka :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

He Mackka, byronbingalong et al.

My dough recipe is based on my late wifes. It is nothing special. I use the cheapest low protein flour, think Aldi or IGA Black and Gold. I kniow a all about 00 and hgh protein flours and have tried them all, but in the end I have found this works just as well. For me anyway. The purists would probably hang me.. :lol: :lol:
Even the yeast I used today had a use by date of May 2019 but I did test it last night and it still kicked well.

Heres the recipe.

....recipe

3 cups flour
7 grams (1 sachet or 1 1/2 teaspoons) dry yeast
About 1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Makes approx 4 thin family size bases.

Add yeast and sugar to warm water. Allow to froth up.

Add flour and enough water to make a dough. Knead until smooth.

Return dough to a large, oiled bowl and allow to rise to about double
the size. Remove and knead again.

Roll out to desired thickness to fit pizza tray then leave to rise on tray about 1/2 hour.
We make ours quite thin.

I used just over 3 times that much ingredients today as I did want to make 10-12 pizzas. I make my pizzas quite this with less toppings so this may help to get a good crispy base. Plus, I can easily eat 2 family size without feeling too guilty. :p
The other thing is that they need to be cooked at a very high temp. I run the kamado at between 350-450c and this does create a great environment to crisp things up a fair bit.
I also roll the bases with a rolling pin. If I stretched by hand I'd still be cooking now.

Hope that helps a bit.

Latest posts