Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all.. new around here. Jumped online to do a bit on gold research but found myself here instead!
I love a good feed so my opening post starts with home made potato pies. I'd like to take all the credit. But i cant.. Stole the recipe from the old girl.

1538462271_resized_20181002_163329_835.jpg

Ctxkid. That's cool mate :perfect:
This is my new addition. Used last night, love the smokey taste. Garlic salt, bbq spice and onion salt added after a spray of cooking oil.
Took me 3hrs to drill the half inch holes. MRS wishfull was just shajing her head as I was drilling the holes in the brake drums. Tune changed after though. Lawn didn't like it but.
1538471976_2018-10-01_18.04.58.jpg

My son & I had T-Bone & vege last night ..... cant beat a thick cut T-Bone :)
Tonight Im in the process of cooking my un-named lamb hot pot.
I start with a lamb mince & diced vege, bit of chilli & some mixed herbs & a few spices. I turn this into something between a thick stock & soup.
Then I add whole baby spuds, halved yellow squash & a sliced red onion.
Then I add half a dozen lamb rib chops
Then I add a shop marinated boned butterflied lamb leg with sliced mushrooms on top.
I let this simmer on a heat spreading simmer plate for 2.5 -3hrs
Dinner will be late tonight, but Its freakin awesome
1538478408_lamb_dinner_1.jpg

1538478543_lamb_dinner_2b.jpg

Im actually starting to enjoy using my Cyprus grill lately. I watched an episode of Food Safari the other week and they showed some fellow doing a Portuguese style butterflied chicken and I thought to myself, this looks good so I gave it a go on the weekend
1538990466_20181007_095033_600_x_450.jpg

the recipe called for it to be Marinated in beer, white wine and half a cup of scotch and accompanied with the needed aromatics.[ I was sold when they mentioned beer]
With that done I placed it in the fridge for 24 hours rotating the marinating chooks every so often. Made a peri-peri sauce for marinate and its off to the races :D
I missed out on getting the finished product shot done. By the time I got the chooks off the rotisserie and got them cut up they were all but vacuumed by the hoard
1538990504_20181007_114717_600_x_450.jpg

1538990504_20181007_131046_600_x_450.jpg

I have to mention that the recipe is a keeper. Definatly doing this one again.
Cheers
ChrisM

ctxkid said:
I can smell that, yummo, please where did you get the grill rake for the spit , looks totally awesome

Hi CTXKID
The Portugese style rotating cage i found on a website called
The BBQ Store.com.au

Unit6 / 12 Lyn Parade Prestons
NSW 2170
Its all high grade s/steel. Aussie made [But still a pain to clean :D

Edit: Ph. no. removed.

ChrisM said:
ctxkid said:
I can smell that, yummo, please where did you get the grill rake for the spit , looks totally awesome

Hi CTXKID
The Portugese style rotating cage i found on a website called
The BBQ Store.com.au

Unit6 / 12 Lyn Parade Prestons
NSW 2170
Its all high grade s/steel. Aussie made [But still a pain to clean :D

Edit: Ph. no. removed.
Thanx Chris , i'm onto it, many thanx again

Went down to Geoscience Australia today - its well worth a visit. On the way home we picked up some seafood at the Fyshwick markets -

Salt and pepper cuttlefish for appetiser and coral trout with scallops for main. Shame Jannine does not like scallops much, I had to eat them all! Washed down with cheap Aldi champagne.

1539427362_c56e33e8-b7dc-4d49-a88f-499ed5e072d4.jpg

1539427363_1a3b14da-decb-4054-975b-dde559e93713.jpg

I do wish with scallops that they would leave the roe on so that I can tell that I am eating scallops and not giant clam meat that has been formed with a wad punch.

While the two do have a similar taste and some would say "what's your problem then?" my reasons are that giant clams take a lot longer to grow and mature than scallops, making them a scarce resource.

Latest posts