Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
RJ and Doc, with Great Respect, you blokes give me the Sh1ts.
I look daily to see what you blokes cook and just salivate on my iPad. Hey ctx and many others inthe same sphere.
Tonight I cooked a favourite of mine Tagliatelle pasta con gamberri ( prawns with tagliatelle pasta and creamy garlic and chilli sauce)
Mackka

No pics... It never happened. :D Maybe email the pics to a personal account? Then upload them.

breakfast.
johno
1525903967_20180510_073615_resized.jpg
1525904001_20180510_073731_resized.jpg

Some great cook ups posted lately :Y:
Im the main cook in the house but Ive been a bit slack firing the bbq up latly. I have just been settling for some easy dinners like bangers and mash, meat and veg, pasta etc.
I will have to put on the chefs hat to come up with something drool worthy to post for you guys and girls

Great cooks as usual everyone :Y:
That looks like an awesome deck setup Ctx and the lamb and veges look sensational.....for a gas cook :D
How long did the lamb take and what internal temp did you take it off at?

I am going on a camping trip next weekend with my partner and 8 of her good friends.
I've only met one of them before and we all are going to contribute something for Saturday nights dinner.
It is a birthday celebration for one of them and I put up my hand to cook something in the Jumbo Joe.
I did a trial run with a pork roast and I think I am going to go with similar for my (nervous) cook haha.
Lit a full chimney of charcoal briquettes:

1525939235_pork_roast_sj_1.jpg

1525939236_pork_roast_sj_3.jpg

Gave it 10 minutes to preheat and threw on the pork and a couple of Banksia pods:
1525939161_pork_roast_sj_5.jpg

After 90 minutes I turned the pork 180 degrees and let it go for another 60 minutes until it was ready:
1525939162_pork_roast_sj_6.jpg

1525939162_pork_roast_sj_7.jpg

1525939287_pork_roast_sj_8.jpg

I can only hope that I'm able to turn out something close to this and not get banished from the camp :eek: :lol:

love the old weber kettle , i have had quite a few hot smoker over the years from offsets to a great big thing i built myself (which i still have but never use ) and i always go back to the weber just suits for me and the mrs . i can get a real nice long slow smoke in that thing .
normaly with pecan wood a good slather of mustard then my rub .
bloody hell now im drooling , i have not done any low and slow for a long time winter is round the corner might be a good time to start back up again .

johno

Crikeys you lot can eat :Y: beautiful looking tucker please PM me an invite :D pretty please.

Anyway I haven't cooked these beautiful looking dishes these are posted on behalf of the one and only Makka :Y:. I offered to give Makka a chop out so here they are :Y:.
1525943031_img_20180510_185735.jpg
1525943048_img_20180510_185705.jpg
1525943063_img_20180510_185640.jpg
1525943080_img_20180510_185614.jpg

I especially like your pizzas Makka :Y:.

Hey RM, once again my sincere thanks.
Photo 1 is a kilo of prawns for the Tagliatelle with prawns in a creamy chilli and garlic sauce which is the bottom photo.
The pizza photos are the raw state and cooked.
It is a half king prawn and half Supreme. The Supreme is traditional tomato base with sliced onion, sliced capsicum, Polish Salami mushrooms sliced and topped with bambini bocconcini. In the oven at 210C for 20minutes and yummy.
As you can guess I love prawns, but who doesn't when you live in Qld.
Regards
Mackka :Y:

Billy said:
Great cooks as usual everyone :Y:
That looks like an awesome deck setup Ctx and the lamb and veges look sensational.....for a gas cook :D
How long did the lamb take and what internal temp did you take it off at?
that one took about 2.5hrs internal 75, it was carved not pulled :)

texta said:
yep 6 hungry motorbike riders , bacon eggs tomatoes toast and the best coffee in queensland enjoyed by all . :Y:

Simple as it gets Johno but done well, a good feed to start the day with always :Y:
Can't wait to christen this latest bit of kit from Southern Metal Spinners kindly donated to me by Double D Leather :Y: Can taste the roast already ;)

1525992772_dd_cooker.jpg

Latest posts