Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Love ya work RJ.
Same here just me , the misses and two Maltese.
We try something different each month and we did a 20 week Italian Cooking course at the college I was attending.
$10 per head for three courses (that we prepared and cooked) every Saturday, mummy mia e'buona.
Those were the days.
I especially liked the ancient recipes, one was Sardines ,onions, sultanas, layered . Just magnificent! The fishermen used to take it on the boats and it would last (preserved) for days ie the onions.
My wife did a 6 week Chinese cooking class and in that 6 weeks I put on 4kg, well worth it ;)
Regards
Mackka :)

Very nice. Our kids and other family have given us cooking classes for anniversaries etc. Great fun.

Ramjet said:

Geez Ramjet. Sure looks like you know how to get a lot of food on the Weber. great looking cook BTW. Going to try some shanks like that as well.

Last nights dinner was a chook and baked potato salad. Couldn't fit all the spuds on the charcoal so I did the other half on the Baby Q. All good.

1525604400_20180505_163323.jpg

1525604427_20180505_174011.jpg

Some great looking food as usual!

Coincidentally, I cooked up some pizza in the wood oven over the weekend.

Here is the oven

1525839294_nectre-bakers-oven-1-676x482.jpg

First pizza was a white pizza (no tomato) with potato, French shallot and rosemary.

1525839359_pizza1.jpg

Second one was a Margarita, pictured before I put on some prosciutto just before serving.

1525839634_pizza2.jpg

Third one was a seafood pizza, with prawns, scallops and calamari and pesto, but that got scarfed before I took a pic.

Next came my wife's favorite - pumpkin, fetta, pine nuts, little tomatoes and some chilli.

1525839712_pizza3.jpg

Then a meatlover's, because number 2 daughter and her boyfriend requested it!

1525839801_pizza5.jpg

and lastly my favorite, white anchovy, pepperoni, chilli and olives.

1525839869_pizza6.jpg

The oven does a great job, as you can get it pretty hot. I like to roll out the dough, put it into the tin, and let it rise for an hour or so. Then I put the tin on the top of the stove to set the base before putting the toppings on. That way you can get a thin base with the big bubbles in the dough, which you can see on pizza number 2.

I've been making pizza bases for many years now, and my current method is to make a wettish dough using 50% bread flour and 50% semolina. I know the dough is right when it barely stops sticking to the bottom of the stand mixer after 10 minutes of kneading.

I always make a starter, ideally overnight, which is simply flour, water and a little yeast. This makes the dough very tasty.

For crispiness add a tablespoon of olive oil before mixing, along with the starter, flour and semolina, salt and sufficient warm water, and mix with a dough hook till the gluten is developed and the dough is barely sticking to the bottom of the mixer bowl. Let rise till doubled, and don't do a second rise, just make balls of dough about 200g for a standard pizza tin. Roll them out and place on a lightly greased tin and let rest for an hour or so before cooking.

I never measure anything, except to weigh out the dough before rolling.

RJ and Doc, with Great Respect, you blokes give me the Sh1ts.
I look daily to see what you blokes cook and just salivate on my iPad. Hey ctx and many others inthe same sphere.
Tonight I cooked a favourite of mine Tagliatelle pasta con gamberri ( prawns with tagliatelle pasta and creamy garlic and chilli sauce)
Mackka

Mackka said:
I look daily to see what you blokes cook and just salivate on my iPad. Hey ctx and many others inthe same sphere.
Tonight I cooked a favourite of mine Tagliatelle pasta con gamberri ( prawns with tagliatelle pasta and creamy garlic and chilli sauce)
Mackka
no good without photo's .........just saying ...lol

Mackka said:
Mackka

Stick up a photo then your in the Sphere with the champs :Y: Makka. What ever you've cooked someone will salivate so give us a look mate it's worth it :Y:.

Mackka, I cant post from
My work phone to the forum, even if I re size the photos.

So one solution is to post to Facebook (only to me) and then save the pics to a computer and post from the computer to the forum.

Latest posts