Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks sensational HL!!
Have been wanting to try making my own pizza dough for some time.
Have you got an easy recipe for a total beginner that you would be willing to share?

Billy said:

DAMN Billy . I need your address ASAP!

Billy said:
Looks sensational HL!!
Have you got an easy recipe for a total beginner that you would be willing to share?

No probs Billy and no secret.
My late wife's recipe which is pretty common I believe.
She used to raise it over a week so experimentation should be in the works. that one last week i raised in half a day but I did add extra yeast.
Play around with it and you will find your balance.
Even hard core aficionados can't believe that crappy flour was used to make the bases..Just get the heat up in your machine and experiment till you find your balance.

I normally use the Kenwood but felt like smashing something last Sunday, hence the second raise got the hand treatment.

7 grams (1 sachet or 1 1/2 teaspoons) dry yeast
About 1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Makes approx 4 thin family size bases.

Add yeast and sugar to warm water. Allow to froth up.

Add flour and enough water to make a dough. Knead until smooth.

Return dough to a large, oiled bowl and allow to rise to about double
the size. Remove and knead again.

Roll out to desired thickness to fit pizza tray then leave to rise on tray about 1/2 hour.
We make ours quite thin.

Amen..

Ramjet said:
Billy said:

DAMN Billy . I need your address ASAP!

I will PM you mine, if you PM me yours Rod ;) :D

Hard Luck said:
Billy said:
Looks sensational HL!!

No probs Billy and no secret.
My late wife's recipe which is pretty common I believe.
She used to raise it over a week so experimentation should be in the works. that one last week i raised in half a day but I did add extra yeast.
Play around with it and you will find your balance.
Even hard core aficionados can't believe that crappy flour was used to make the bases..Just get the heat up in your machine and experiment till you find your balance.

I normally use the Kenwood but felt like smashing something last Sunday, hence the second raise got the hand treatment.

7 grams (1 sachet or 1 1/2 teaspoons) dry yeast
About 1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Makes approx 4 thin family size bases.

Add yeast and sugar to warm water. Allow to froth up.

Add flour and enough water to make a dough. Knead until smooth.

Return dough to a large, oiled bowl and allow to rise to about double
the size. Remove and knead again.

Roll out to desired thickness to fit pizza tray then leave to rise on tray about 1/2 hour.
We make ours quite thin.

Amen..

Thanks for that mate and I'm sure no one will ever make it as well as your late wife used to :)
I haven't got a machine of any sort and so smashing it is ;)
Apart from the tasty outcome I'm sure it is very therapeutic as well :cool:
Cheers,
Billy.

Ribs, beef ribs :cool:

Trimmed off some fat and removed the silver skin and hit it with a salt/pepper/coffee and garlic rub.
1525536986_b_ribs_1.jpg

1525536986_b_ribs_2.jpg

Into the Dragon they went while the little Weber was undergoing a high temp clean.

1525536944_b_ribs_3.jpg

About 9 hours later it was ready for a rest.

1525536944_b_ribs_4.jpg

Not a single vegetable was harmed during this cook and the meat was melt in the mouth tender.

1525536944_b_ribs_5.jpg

:p :p :p

Last night's dinner. Greek style lamb based on a recipe from a book the baby daughter gave me for my birthday. She has been bugging me... asking if I had used it yet. Thought I had better keep her happy. Mrs Jet wanted shanks so that's what we went with. I was aiming for 110C but the weber settled in at 105 to 107.

1525582512_s1.jpg

1525582689_s4.jpg

1525582512_s2.jpg

1525582513_s3.jpg

1525582562_s5.jpg

1525582587_s6.jpg

Mackka said:
Smart daughter you got there RJ.
Mackka

All our 5 kids can cook. It was part of their chores growing up. Each had to cook once a week. We made it a family thing with we parents helping out and the others watching on. We didn't want them leaving home and living on takeaways. They all still enjoy cooking and the youngest girl is an apprentice chef. :D Parenting done right. :Y:

Well done Ramjet family.
I never really started cooking until Aristos started cooking on the TV, I thought I would give it a go. Always did steak on the barb but in those days there wasn't, medium rare, etc. well at least at my place it was always well done.
Now I cook at least twice a week sometimes three and I love it.
So again well done on teaching the kids to cook.
Mackka :Y:

Mackka said:
Well done Ramjet family.
I never really started cooking until Aristos started cooking on the TV, I thought I would give it a go. Always did steak on the barb but in those days there wasn't, medium rare, etc. well at least at my place it was always well done.
Now I cook at least twice a week sometimes three and I love it.
So again well done on teaching the kids to cook.
Mackka :Y:

I first started cooking when I started work on the railway. We would take a train to another depot, stay in barracks for 8 hours or more than bring a train back home. Early meals where just a fry up... steak, bacon, eggs, baked beans. I think I have expended my repertoire just a little. :D ;)

It's just the wife and I at home now and I do the majority of the cooking. She is also an awesome cook.

Love ya work RJ.
Same here just me , the misses and two Maltese.
We try something different each month and we did a 20 week Italian Cooking course at the college I was attending.
$10 per head for three courses (that we prepared and cooked) every Saturday, mummy mia e'buona.
Those were the days.
I especially liked the ancient recipes, one was Sardines ,onions, sultanas, layered . Just magnificent! The fishermen used to take it on the boats and it would last (preserved) for days ie the onions.
My wife did a 6 week Chinese cooking class and in that 6 weeks I put on 4kg, well worth it ;)
Regards
Mackka :)

I do most of the cooking in our house by necessity but I must admit I do enjoy it.
Easy Sunday tea tonight, homemade chicken and veg soup followed by a Portuguese Chicken and cheese toasted sandwich.
Lash out for dessert, banana nuked in Golden syrup and a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a Nespresso coffee to finish of the meal.
Simples! :) :)

Latest posts