Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to smoke some pork scotch today for pulled pork but i had a couple of appointments get in the way, So didn't have 8 hours to sit, drink and watch the smoker :(

It wasnt all bad though.
I decided to roast some pork belly on the new bbq/smoker instead.
I forgot to get a pic of the corn on the cob that was on the warming rack. That was smothered in butter and cooked in the husk.
1522922053_20180405_194446.jpg

Hey RJ does the bro live in Brisbane as I might just pop over for a feed?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mackka
PS
After Seeing what you blokes cook on charcoal, what would you say the best: within a workin mans price range.

Mackka said:
Mackka
PS
After Seeing what you blokes cook on charcoal, what would you say the best: within a workin mans price range.
I just got one of these with the smoker box attachment
https://www.bunnings.com.au/char-griller-deluxe_p3180388
A weber kettle is extremely versatile also. You can get some alright weber copies if you want to save some cash

madtuna said:

Mackka wrote:
lol lol lol lol
Mackka
PS

I will happily cook for any and all visitors. Makes me happy to feed people....

HippyProspecting said:
Mackka said:
Mackka
PS
I just got one of these with the smoker box attachment
https://www.bunnings.com.au/char-griller-deluxe_p3180388

A weber kettle is extremely versatile also. You can get some alright weber copies if you want to save some cash

Agree with the Hippy. The Weber kettle is VERY versatile. You can cook High temp, flash fried steak and SLOW cooked pulled pork and everything in between. but with a little imagination you can produce some awesome meals by virtually any method. Just takes time and effort to perfect your technique.

My fav method is low n slow BBQ. By BBQ I mean the American meaning. What we Aussies call BBQ is what Americans call Grilling. To the, BBQ is a more slow and low temp style of cooking. If you look into it the science backs up the methods. By cooking slow, you get the meat to a sweet stage where the collegian and fats have melted into the meat but not been boiled away as happens with hotter, quicker cooking methods.

RaJ I see you slow cooking for 8 hours and more, how do you keep the temperature constant working with heat beads and why doesn't the meat smell like fire starters?
Dumb questions but I had to ask.
Mackka

Mackka said:
Mackka
PS
Hi Mackka
I just have to ask...are you the same Mackka that works for Qantas airlines :Y: :D

Mackka said:
RaJ I see you slow cooking for 8 hours and more, how do you keep the temperature constant working with heat beads and why doesn't the meat smell like fire starters?
Dumb questions but I had to ask.
Mackka

You can control the heat by opening or closing the vents on the bottom of the weber. The vent is on the side of my type of bbq (texas smoker). I will leave the top vent/chimney all the way open.
To prevent the fire starter smell, i use one of these to light the beads with scrunched up paper and then transfer them into the bbq once red hot
1523012176_0fe8b36f-ed05-4b43-98f6-f76f12214783.jpg

Latest posts