Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a big sausage.... or 2. This is the best wurst EVER! Smokey goodness. My gorgeous friend Cheryl bought and sent them to me.

1439781004_img_20150817676.jpg

1439781036_img_2015081755986.jpg

In very poor taste..but had to have a little chuckle to myself upon seeing u holding 2 enormous sausages and then glancing to ur profile pic and seeing 'roger me'...
But on a more serious note how do i get my hands on sausages like that?? Are they local to u? Would they ship if i was to place an order? Love any of those sort of preserved meats, jerky, etc but have never seen anything near that size down this way...or in my lifetime come to think of it lol made me hungry just looking at them.

I'm pretty sure that you have to register the bikes.
Saw some thing on one of tose Highway Patrol shows in vic. where they booked and Indian fella for riding one on the road.
Jaros :p

G0lddigg@ said:
Devonian said:
A motor for my push bike. Getting too old and unfit. It gets up to 40 klm/hr and $2 of fuel gets me 100klm distance!
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5866/1439777973_dscn0979.jpg

good job ... i was looking at one of these motors to spin a trommel a while back, are they very noisy?

It's not a huge amount of noise at low throttle, which you would be running a trommel at, a touch louder than a whipper snipper and you can quieten them down a bit. I was thinking It would be ok for a trommel. Compared to say a car wiper motor which draw around 6 amps and are hard to run of anything except a running engine and no good for solar. $200 on ebay so worth a try.

Jaros said:
I'm pretty sure that you have to register the bikes.
Saw some thing on one of tose Highway Patrol shows in vic. where they booked and Indian fella for riding one on the road.
Jaros :p

It is still classified as a pushbike although now called a power assisted bicycle. Under 49CC engine is legal in vic and does not require rego. As for highways, yes it is still a bicycle and most highways are signposted NO BICYCLES so you will get fined.

Hey Devonian

i was talking to a few mates of mine who just happen to be police officers the other day i found one of these bike and turned it in to them,
and im sorry to say but your statement about them being legal is wrong, the law has changed, the highest allowed assisted push bike is 200 watts
anything over that is considered a motor bike, if caught riding it you will face fines of, riding an unrego motorbike, riding a motor bike with out a licence
which both carry heavy fines

Ron

yournutz said:
Hey Devonian

i was talking to a few mates of mine who just happen to be police officers the other day i found one of these bike and turned it in to them,
and im sorry to say but your statement about them being legal is wrong, the law has changed, the highest allowed assisted push bike is 200 watts
anything over that is considered a motor bike, if caught riding it you will face fines of, riding an unrego motorbike, riding a motor bike with out a licence

Ron

The 200watt thing is for electric motor assisted bikes. Watts is a measure of electricity. A bike with an internal combustion engine (or an electric motor over a certain wattage) must comply with the Australian Design rules for motorbikes. To put it simply, putting an engine on a bike may exceed the design specifications of the bike.

Thats what this all boils down to: putting engines on bikes that arent designed for engines is dangerous. As this is a small engine I'm not worried about the design. There's a 6 volt tapping at the alternator for a light that would go no more than 5 amps, so power in watts = voltage times current = 6x5 =30watts and that electricity also fires the spark plug. You may say it's not an electric bike but rather a petrol motorbike? Well try running a petrol engine without electrical spark.

This is from VicRoads dated 5 may 2015;

QUOTE[ Power assisted bicycles are likely to have similar performance characteristics to pedal powered bicycles so the same road rules apply. These types of power assisted bicycles are not required to be registered nor the rider required to be licensed.

Definition of a power assisted bicycle

A power assisted bicycle is identical to a pedal powered bicycle, except it has an auxiliary motor. Power assisted bicycles have two definitions in Victoria:
A pedal cycle with one or more auxiliary propulsion motors attached which has a combined maximum power output not exceeding 200 watts. ]END QUOTE

The laws on both electric and petrol power assisted bikes are a mess at the moment so I may even put a little sticker on it stating maximum output 194 WATTS.
One thing I believe is that in Melbourne we are jammed in with road usage and anything to get a car off the road is a good thing.

Until the laws get cleaned up i'll JUST KEEP ON RIDING BROTHER!! :cool:

Devonian said:
yournutz said:
Hey Devonian

Ron

The 200watt thing is for electric motor assisted bikes. Watts is a measure of electricity. A bike with an internal combustion engine (or an electric motor over a certain wattage) must comply with the Australian Design rules for motorbikes. To put it simply, putting an engine on a bike may exceed the design specifications of the bike.

Thats what this all boils down to: putting engines on bikes that arent designed for engines is dangerous. As this is a small engine I'm not worried about the design. There's a 6 volt tapping at the alternator for a light that would go no more than 5 amps, so power in watts = voltage times current = 6x5 =30watts and that electricity also fires the spark plug. You may say it's not an electric bike but rather a petrol motorbike? Well try running a petrol engine without electrical spark.

This is from VicRoads dated 5 may 2015;oh no, not another outlaw on a bike. Lol ;)

QUOTE[ Power assisted bicycles are likely to have similar performance characteristics to pedal powered bicycles so the same road rules apply. These types of power assisted bicycles are not required to be registered nor the rider required to be licensed.

Definition of a power assisted bicycle

A power assisted bicycle is identical to a pedal powered bicycle, except it has an auxiliary motor. Power assisted bicycles have two definitions in Victoria:
A pedal cycle with one or more auxiliary propulsion motors attached which has a combined maximum power output not exceeding 200 watts. ]END QUOTE

The laws on both electric and petrol power assisted bikes are a mess at the moment so I may even put a little sticker on it stating maximum output 194 WATTS.
One thing I believe is that in Melbourne we are jammed in with road usage and anything to get a car off the road is a good thing.

Until the laws get cleaned up i'll JUST KEEP ON RIDING BROTHER!! :cool:
oh no not another outlaw on a bike. Lol ;)

yournutz said:
Metamorphic said:
Chewy said:
oh no not another outlaw on a bike. Lol ;)

Its 2015 Chewy, we dont ride horses anymore :p

Ever had a speeding or parking ticket mate??......welcome to the outlaw gang dude :p :p

I must be in the wrong era then Meta i ride a horse every chance i can :lol:
Horses are too hard to push start. Lol :p

Latest posts