Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a rebel with a pan. Riding down the highway..da..da..da...dat..da...gonna pan some gold..da da...da..dat..da. Ride on brother! :cool:

If you think it's easy using JUST ONE HAND....try using a BIG STEAL PAN... it's a LONG WAY to creek if you want to pan some GOLDDDD....

Sorry been singing in the shower again. :cool:

Today purchased a more efficient portable shower.

1439873961_capture.jpg

Today I bought a Magellan eXplorist GC ( geocache ) for $100 from an op shop..don't really know if I need it now I've got a new phone.. if anyone has suggestions as to why its better than the phone gps I'm all ears. If i find I don't really need it ill probably sell it

ive got one of these redfin, works a treat. If you plan on running this off creek water via pump get yourself an inline particle filter stops the junk getting into the heater

AtomRat said:
Today I bought a Magellan eXplorist GC ( geocache ) for $100 from an op shop..don't really know if I need it now I've got a new phone.. if anyone has suggestions as to why its better than the phone gps I'm all ears. If i find I don't really need it ill probably sell it

The main advantage with a dedicated gps is that it runs on AA batteries which are easy to carry in your kick if your really adventuring into the never never on a couple day hike.

Using a smartphone app is great, but they suck the juice......it will give you about 4 hours of constant use and once its flat, without 240/12v to recharge, your screwed.

My magellan will give me about 8 hours on 3 AA'S and another 8 with the 3 from my pocket.

I guess you could carry extra phone batts that are charged, but they wont go the distance like AA's will in a dedicated unit.

Depends where you go, how far and how long your gonna be away from camp or your vehicle i guess.

JMO ;)

Hey Redfin and GOlddigg@, If you don't mind me asking, Were did you get the water heater/shower from and how much? I see them on ebay for $299. Is that a good price?

Cracka.

mate i got mine on the 30th June at around 1pm :) 50% off think i paid $160 delivered. i would pay $300 for one in a heartbeat in fact alot of the new ones have a small electric pump and fitting for $300. i'll often use it to heat the water in a wheel barrow so i can pan off my cons while getting the feeling back into my hands...

sure does.... ive got a spot in icy daylesford where the clay is blue and loaded with flat gold, you have to puddle the bajeezuz out of that stuff to getthe gold but ive often got gram pans :)

cracka said:
Hey Redfin and GOlddigg@, If you don't mind me asking, Were did you get the water heater/shower from and how much? I see them on ebay for $299. Is that a good price?

Cracka.

Yes thats is a reasonable price, there are a lot of cheaper knock offs on Ebay.
This bloke is local here in Melbourne.
http://www.joolca.com.au/
I'll email him and tell him to join here as a supplier.

I got the pump as well, it can push water up to 40 metres [lake etc]

And I though it was just you doing an Irish jig Chewy; upsidedown would be technically correct ;)

They look great. :cool:

Latest posts