Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually had a size 9, and had to swap it over. The boots were a good fit but trying it on I just about needed a whole bottle of vegie oil to lube up enough to struggle into it. Swapped them for size 10 and not quite as snug a fit, upside is I no longer cop an atomic wedgie bending over. YAY! :D

Today I got my brother in law a new pick and finds bag.

The tool belt has a Velcro inner strap for the bags to attach and then a buckle belt that goes through for extra hold. It feels solid and comfortable. The inbuilt pick holder is a bit lower than I would like but considering the whole kit cost less than $20 from bunnings I think it is a great deal.

In addition, you could use the two other pouches for park detecting, the big one for city parks and the small one for Newcastle/Maitland parks. Or why not split the expense with a detecting buddy and the one with the biggest ego can get the big bag. ;) :D

Food for thought for those wishing to set up a variety of kits for a lean budget.

1440144914_image.jpg

That's a good idea Wally. I've been carrying around my scoop etc in the pockets of work pants and gold and trash containers in pockets as well. I'll check them out down here. Cheers mate. :p

SCROUNGER said:
That's a good idea Wally. I've been carrying around my scoop etc in the pockets of work pants and gold and trash containers in pockets as well. I'll check them out down here. Cheers mate. :p

This is my usual rig, I think the Irwin bags are about the $20 mark and are a perfect size to hold a scoop, two hundred bullets, some junk iron and a gold finds bottle.

1440149283_image.jpg

Ag Man said:
GaryO said:

I hear they're good. Don't know much about them but just the chemical you put in them isn't that cheap.
Filter & recycle it.
Generally u just use water and a drop of dishwashing liquid. I will have to experiment with other solutions for really dirty coins tho. I might check the threads to see what others use , otherwise ill start a new topic up.
Best thing about this purchase , even if its useless for fossicking finds I know my wife will be very happy to have her jewelry cleaned regularity ;)

Hey fellas I picked up full body summer wetsuit for around $50 (?) From aldi a while back still going strong. Love a bargain.

Latest posts