Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
Retirement Stone said:
Ditto. Triton is the best car I ve owned so far. Turbo diesel, auto. Now I go into the bush with complete confidence, space and good fuel economy for a big car. Its great on the highway for long trips as well.

I m sure all the other manufacturers make great cars as well these days.

what fuel economy do you get in yours per 100 km ?

Hey Mate,

Always seems to be around 10 litres per 100km when I refill. I have had it in the 9s.

Its an auto and is driven around in traffic in Newcastle and trips to Nundle or Mudgee areas, 4wd and bush tracks.

The claimed economy on the sticker from new is 8.1 highway and 11.4 city off memory.

It has 8500kms on it now and the engine is freeing up so maybe economy will improve some more?

I would love to be able to get the 8 litre mark for 100 kms highway cycle.

Tank size is 72 or 74 litres. Ive just clocked 600kms and have under 1/4 tank left. Which could be around 15 litres left. Will bring it in around the 9s when I refill.

Cheers

Redfin said:
kleinman98 said:
Found a local supplier of 4x4 dealer accessories so I can setup the essentials on the trident.
Wow big shopping list but will have to save up.

Have fun with that, here is a little list for you to tick off.
And some research to do = http://www.newtriton.net/

They do come up a treat.

Weather Shields front
Front windows tinted.
Auxiliary Gauge Set.
Towbar Package.
Dust seal kit for tail gate.
Rubber mat tray.
Tray bed rear tail gate liner.
Canopy.
Dash Matt.
Factory fitted GPS with reverse camera
Triton Door Handle Recess Plates.
Triton Front Windscreen Sunshade film.
USB Charger.
Reversing Sensors.
Reverse spot lights Narva 71860.
Stainless Steel Outer Scuff Plates fr & rr.
ARB Deluxe bulbar.
ARB Under Vehicle Protection bash plate
ARB Snorkel..
ARB Old Man Emu Suspension.
Beaudesert 2 Stainless steal Exhaust
Lube change - Rear Diff,4lts Nulon full synthetic.
Stein Bauer Chip.
Sprint Booster.
GME UHF Radio 80 channel.
Trailer Brake System.
Oil catch Can fitted,
ERG Blanked off.
Hella 100w Spot lights with Blue filters.
Pollen Aircon Fliter (MZ341012EX).
Rear diff breather mod.
Genuine Alloy Sports Pedals.
Long Ranger fuel Tank 126 lts.
BlueMax 2, Boost & EGT Guage.
Mounted ARB air compressor
2 inch ultimate suspension lift
BF Goodrich 265 / 65/17

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1408926055_tri.jpg

if you guys are going to bolt all the nice bits on your fourby then consider spending $ 40 - 80 on a car tracker (fleabay)

$ 7 per month for a 10Mb Machine 2 machine ( M2M ) SIM card from Telstra business centers

just send a text message to it and it texts back within 40 seconds with a map link showing the exact location

I have put one in my work truck . best thing i ever bought

Got myself a mini GPS from china fleabay. It is very accurate for back tracking to the point you mark, I have tried it a few times. They are handy if walking some distance from your vehicle in an area with few landmarks, you set the car coordinate, turn off and turn on again if you need to find your car. It will take me a while to make sure i can trust it. You can also enter coordinates (up to 16) and navigate to them with an arrow and distance from target shown. (Great for putting in the coords of a few mines on you need to walk to) Also it will give you your coordinates, time, altitude. They are handy things if you don't want to carry around a full GPS unit with maps.

At $29 i will be happy if it lasts a couple years.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2014-Min...197?pt=AU_Electronics_GPS&hash=item2a3fe96e6d

cheers RDD

My Sadie arrived this morning from the Miners Den in Sydney, now to see if it lives up to its reputation.. :lol:

Today I bought a Garrett AT Pro International

Actually I bought it yesterday from Motackle in Coffs Harbour and when I got home today there it was waiting for me.

Delivered within 24 hours from Coffs to Pottsville, awesome service and they even threw in a complementary catalogue and beer batter twin pack.

Plus free delivery...

1409815715_garrett_at_pro_internation_metal_detector.jpg

1409815715_garrett_at_pro_internation_metal_detector_1.jpg

Slowflow, that's pretty funny.

I'm not sure the missus and kids would go for the premix though. Lol

I Ordered two coils Yesterday 1 is the 6" Coiltek Gold Stalker Mono and the other is the Coiltek 10x5 Joey Mono, Which turned up on the 5th, I also ordered A book By Jimmy Sierra which covers a lot of info for Nugget Hunters and it has a fair bit of info on the GMT series from the past regarding settings and uses, Most people would know a lot of the info but there are some other bits in there too which either we haven't heard of or Have forgotten, Still a useful book just the same and gives you something to read at night out in the mines etc, It's called FINDING NUGGETS II by Jimmy Sierra and it should cost you about $10 or $12 =/-.

good luck,

Latest posts