Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Great little Camping Oven It only cost me about 230 bucks, It turn up Tuesday and I have used it Twice everyday since it Arrived here on Tuesday and I am still on the first can of Gas, I also ordered 3 Boxes of 28 Gas Cartidges to go with the one I got put away giving a total of about 112 all up,

It works great, I bought some Pizza's from the local store and 5 minutes in this thing and they are cooked to perfection, Steak an Ale Meat Pies straight from the fridge takes about 10-15 minutes, and I have used it 9 times so far and like I said there is still Gas left, So I think the gas should last a good week or more, It uses less gas than the little stoves or the Gas Heaters and So far it has cost me less than $1.00 to cook every meal since Tuesday / 5 days which is going to save me a heap on the power bill, :inlove:

1575092762_my_oven_2.jpg

I have been trying to get around the slow charging process of lead Acid batteries, Without having to buy a Lithium Battery and then go through having to fit a Duel battery system and then DC to DC Chargers, and I have finally found away round it, I bought A Dometic PLB 40 stand alone power pack, It has a 40Ah Lithium Battery that provides 512Wh, This thing is simple and Built the Aussie way with no messing and gets on with the job,

For a start it has 2 USB Ports and a 12v/15amp 2 pin Screw in Engel/ARB plug socket and it has another normal 12v/15amp socket for the outputs, On the Back of it, It has a 12v socket for the AC to DC Charger to plug in to and and next to that is an Anderson Socket, It also comes with a Cigar lighter socket Lead that plugs in to the Car Cigar Socket and on the other end that has an Anderson Plug on it,

Then Just to make it interesting they have added a DC to DC charge controller, And it Has an MPPT Charge controller So you can Hook up a 100/150w Solar Panel without having to buy or use a Charge controller So you can make up a lead with am Anderson Plug on it that connects to your Solar panel and then Plug it in Direct in to the Anderson Socket On the PLB 40,

It also has an LCD Screen that lets you know if power is going in or out or both and it also shows the state of charge And the best bit is it only weight 7.6kgs according to my scales, It has a neat fold down handle, This thing cost me 595.95 / $1132.30c or there about's, Over here Lithium batteries Cost close to 1000 /$1900.00 AUD and then there is the cost of on board chargers etc

So at this price I have saved a fortune and with the money I saved, He don't know it Yet But I have bought one for my Brother for Christmas, and a 100w Solar Panel, I hope he likes it, ;) :Y:

Anyways here is all the Info on it, Enjoy.

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/uk/pr...and-lighting/batteries/dometic-plb40-_-195560

I new that... Use to work at the place with a hammer on your shirt... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worked in tool shop and loved it :D

Goody :D

Got tired of asking friends to borrow their tools.
So I decided I would start putting some cash aside each fortnight to buy my own tools, also started a Bunnings wish list :inlove:
This week I had $300 saved :money: :)
my mistake was taking the digger with me :(
she blew my budget on Paint cement cristmas lights and Christmas wrapping paper
:8 :rolleyes:
On the bright side, I managed to come home with these :D

1575159411_46b1fa8d-f3e6-4841-bbe7-1cb90466a978.jpg

Gilly the drill was left in the house we are renovating by the previous tenant, I have had it since the beggining of the year . It had the 45 wh battery on it but no charger .. still ran before, I bought the charger so seems they do hold their charge for a long time..

DanielMaranello said:
All the gear to build a homemade vacuum former for making skidplates.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

Regards
Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

Good move Daniel but if you've not done vacuum forming before you might find it costs more than buying them. I intended to make my own out of better material than the ones we buy that are made to wear out. The problem is that unless you set up a decent oven and forming process then you're going to waste a lot of expensive plastic.

Well I used that little Oven twice a day and the little Gas cartridge lasted Over 8 Days, and I only managed to burn half a Pizza "Once", 6 Minutes in there and they are Cooked just like the Pizza Hut Pizza's. Straight out the packet then into a Cold Oven and Light it and let Er rip for 6 minutes Job Done. :inlove: :perfect:

Well my little Genny turned up today 7 days early happy days :Y: It's a bit bigger than I thought but it looks a good unit, One thing I do like is that it has an 8 Amp DC charger built in, a lot of the suitcase models only have a 4 Amp charger and that's no good to man or beast 8.( :( :(

I sort of like the Rambo paintwork, Knowing my luck I stagger out of the camper and fall Arm over Apex over the thing cussing away to my self in the dark, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :perfect:

Rockhunter62 said:
"I sort of like the Rambo paintwork, Knowing my luck I stagger out of the camper and fall Arm over Apex over the thing cussing away to my self in the dark, LOL"

What, are you deaf as well as blind? They're not that quiet Ridge Runner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Then I'm Toast and that's the end of life as we know it, and I'm stuffed either way :lol: :lol: :lol:

Solved the issues of getting cold hands, I bought a pair of Outdoor Research Lucent Lithium powered Mitts, These things have 3 heat setting and flat out they will hit 50*c, I own a few pairs of OR's Mitts their best being the Alti mitts rated to -40*c below and are the best money can buy next to buying Beaver Hide Mitts or Bear skin Mitts, but I thought I'd give these puppy's a go because when it's real cold when you take your hand out of your glove it takes a fair while for your hand to warm up again regardless of good gloves or not, My Alti Mitts have a removable liner and I have thin Liner gloves to wear under them, But these electronic Mitts are a quick fix and heat up your hands pretty fast and they get up to 50*c +/- .

1576399545_or_lucent_mitts.jpg

Latest posts