Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1538304843_e73763f9-c6f3-484f-81a8-f72b38b171eb.jpg

scored this little hand crusher today for $50..... :Y:

LoneWolf said:
Watch out on those toyo at open country's, the sidewalls have been known to show cracks after a bit of use.. And toyo wont replace them under warranty....
LW....

yep, I am a bit wary of the walls on these Toys (pun intended). I bought them mainly for touring, gravel & sand. So far im impressed with their gravel road performance.
I have another set of steel rims wearing Mickey M/T's that are nearly worn out & are also now 8yrs old, so are due for replacement.
The M/Ts are a tough tyre but I don't really go extreme off-roading or mud-bogging, so I plan to replace them after xmas with a set of real off-road rubber. The research continues!

They were on special (the toyos) a while ago DD and LW,im a mickey t fan but we threw a set on the bosses bt50,it doesnt go bush much and they were $250 each so they were dam good buying at the time.....

Goldchaser1 said:
They were on special (the toyos) a while ago DD and LW,im a mickey t fan but we threw a set on the bosses bt50,it doesnt go bush much and they were $250 each so they were dam good buying at the time.....

2 weeks ago I only paid $1100 for 4 fitted Toys, plus the guys rebalanced & fitted new valves to 2 BFGs I had with fair tread left for spares, so good value.
When I wear the Toys out (will be less than 2yrs) I will try either the Mickey A/Ts or Cooper tyres for my on-road/gravel/sand.
I have found the BFGs are good all-round tyres but struggle in sand dunes when less than half tread (too much slip)

bought this on the weekend . needs a fair bit of fixing up i think, but i think i can get it into good order . it came with 2 heads 1 of which is very sad i pulled it to bits tonight and i need to remake the aluminium parts of it and source some new springs and a few other bits but its a start and better than nothing .should be fun anyway.

johno
1538393953_20181001_212757_resized.jpg

texta said:
bought this on the weekend . needs a fair bit of fixing up i think, but i think i can get it into good order . it came with 2 heads 1 of which is very sad i pulled it to bits tonight and i need to remake the aluminium parts of it and source some new springs and a few other bits but its a start and better than nothing .should be fun anyway.

johno
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/192/1538393953_20181001_212757_resized.jpg

Nice score johno

Do you have a variety of index gears?

I have these ones sitting around gathering dust, not sure what machine they are off, they have a 19mm hole / 90mm diameter and look like they are similar to yours.

1538606938_fb02e1a0-1c52-45eb-a5b4-3be14c30951f.jpg

Wally69 said:
texta said:

johno
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/192/1538393953_20181001_212757_resized.jpg

Nice score johno

I have these ones sitting around gathering dust, not sure what machine they are off, they have a 19mm hole / 90mm diameter and look like they are similar to yours.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6938_fb02e1a0-1c52-45eb-a5b4-3be14c30951f.jpg
nah mate they are heaps bigger than mine . mine came with a 64 wheel it is only about 2 inch diameter and about 3/8 hole . i think a gem master 96 might fit but not sure yet if not then i will just make one to suit . not that hard to do i have a rotary table and a set of indexing plates on my mill , the hardest part is marking the graduations for reading off .
johno

Jaros said:
texta said:

johno

Can I ask what it is?
its a faceting machine mate , i think from about 1968 vintage " little jewel " by ezycut from the research i have done .got it all pulled to bits at the moment putting new bearings in the motor and getting new bushes for the head .
johno

texta said:
Wally69 said:
texta said:

johno

Nice score johno

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6938_fb02e1a0-1c52-45eb-a5b4-3be14c30951f.jpg
nah mate they are heaps bigger than mine . mine came with a 64 wheel it is only about 2 inch diameter and about 3/8 hole . i think a gem master 96 might fit but not sure yet if not then i will just make one to suit . not that hard to do i have a rotary table and a set of indexing plates on my mill , the hardest part is marking the graduations for reading off .
johno

I would love to have a kitted out workshop Johno, 64 will enable hundreds of designs, 96 is my next go.

Made a mistake, they are about 60mm outside diameter

Keen to know what machine they are off, if anyone has an idea, please let me know.

this is what the wheel looks like on this machine , those wheels you have look to be from a very old machine too.
johno
1538625037_20181004_134847_resized.jpg

Latest posts