Things that annoy you irrationally.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MegsyB007 said:
I live on a fairly busy street, about 500m from a set of traffic lights, and the traffic often banks up to my driveway and beyond, in the mornings.

What really annoys me, is when I'm trying to get out of my driveway, and they can see that I'm trying to leave home, but will pull right up to the car in front of them that's stopped, blocking my exit, rather than letting me in.

Is it irrational to be annoyed by this? Not really. And I do understand that they're just trying to get to work, the same as I am. What is irrational, is that some mornings, after I've been sitting in my driveway for 10 minutes, is that I actually consider driving straight out and hitting them! Just to show them how long they're delayed getting to work then, for not leaving a 5m space for me to get out of my driveway! ]:D

I will let you in to a secret megsy , just between you and me.

If you see a car coming that you think is too precious to stop and let you in , wave to them as if you are thanking them.

It confuses and interrupts their one track mind and 78.63 % roughly of drivers will hit the brakes giving you room to slip in while their brain contemplates the following questions;

a) did she just wave ?

b) why is she waving ?

c) do I know that chick ?

d) am I still allowed to use the word chick ?

e) why am I driving to work on Sunday ?

I'll give that a try CS, and report back on what happens. Thanks for the advice! :)

Cheers,
Megsy

Only have couple off the top of my head, the opening one (people chewing) and by extension adding to it by speaking with their mouths full. Im sure its just some sort of biological hard wiring (or misfiring?) but try as i might simply gets to me everytime.

Secondly ex WA residents, its uncanny how many people originally from WA i meet that just plain irritate me. I joke to Mrs GT if i meet someone that grates on me its "another Sandgroper". Wholly unjustifiable but ive literally lost count of the number of times spending more than 5 minutes with ex WA people has annoyed me.

Maybe add one more, when people use literally incorrectly. Angry Times 10 when its media, x 100 when its on the ABC. Be nice if some of them could learn to use "an" correctly too. Commonly absent in front of hour, honest, and inconvenience. Using "a" instead is both annoying and wholly incorrect. I can understand typos, but when listening to someone repeatedly speaking aloud and butchering it consistently makes me mad.

MegsyB007 said:
Come on silver, everyone knows that Jags spend more time in the workshop, than they do on the roads. Knowing my luck, it would probably be a Mercedes, they think they own the road. :lol:
ohhhhh dearrrrrrrr,memories. Megsy knows cars, & she just hit a nerve because,,,,,,,,,
I love Jags. like really love Jags, but have never owned one, because,
once upon a time in the west, at my sisters race horse stables, one of their horse's owner turned up when I was there, in his ooooohhhhh so awesome XJS V12 (my wet dream car). Well, I happened to be out in my fully bombed Charger that day (E49+a bit replica), & this bloke fell in love with it, & right there, fair dinkum, wanted to swap his XJS for my lowly Charger. He was serious!
I near cried. I so wanted that Jag ... but I knew the stories, of broken con-rods, etc, & I love my animal Charger too.
So I had to say thanks, but no thanks.
What really annoys me, why do people make the most awesome offers, when you just cant say yes :awful:
then I went on to crash the gate doin 98 & wrecked that beast big time 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(
RIP hot cars :flowers:

I can empathise DD. I actually like the look of Jags too. My friend had a white XJS V12, that was a lovely car - but it spent more time in the workshop, than on the road. Seriously, she got it back from the workshop one time, and it wouldn't start the next morning, so back it went again. It was constantly there, and cost her a small fortune. Not only in repairs, but catching cabs everywhere while it was in there too! I eventually came to believe that owning a Jag is like owning a horse - you might as well just pay the mechanic/vet enough for them to buy a new pool with a spa - don't get it, and save yourself the trouble that's coming your way!

And Chargers - very cool cars. I saw one the other day, in fact, and it made me smile to see the old Charger on the road, and thought, 'Hey Charger!'
It was a flashback to happier, carefree days. Pity you trashed it, mate. It would be worth a pretty penny these days. :awful:

Cheers,
Megsy

Ooh! Nice one! :) But how hard is it, not to get it out of there and take it for a burn?!

MegsyB007 said:
Ooh! Nice one! :) But how hard is it, not to get it out of there and take it for a burn?!

Govt has discussed legislation to force cars older than 10 years to be unregisterable as part of a policy to green up Australia and push adoption of electric vehicles.

I think they had old commodores etc in mind.

There could be collector cars with resale value of Over a billion dollars in Australia.

Go the pollies mate !

Legindz

people that show disrespect to the elderly,they see them shuffling to the supermarket line up and push in front of them, ]:D walking to the car park behind them and people telling them to hurry up or get out of the way, ]:D sorry to the peoples in the super market or the car park that may be alarmed when i QUIETLY explain the virtues of two things that i learnt at a young age, patience and manners, these people get the dirt bag award of the year from me or maybe i should take some lessons from DD calm down,calm down,no super rage,deeeeeeeep breath :poop: i just ]:D

Flowerpot said:
Ahhhhh so many things.... where to start?

When I drop something and it takes me three of four goes to pick the damn thing up properly again.
Geez that makes me get angry at my fool self. (also irrational :( )

Yes!! What is with that stupid occurrence?! It happens to me a lot too, and I always can't believe I've done it again!! :/

Cheers,
Megsy

Latest posts