Things that annoy you irrationally.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snafu said:
I have a tendency to ignore a lot of things in my daily life that annoy others, but there is one thing that is somewhere between a bewilderment and an annoyance.

Why is it that complete strangers feel a need to relate their health issues to me? I am not their doctor, in fact, my medical expertise is limited to a couple of Panadol and a bandaid will cure most ailments, anything more serious and you're talking to the wrong bloke.

My wife reckons I should show more compassion to those who suffer, but I was away the day they taught that at school.

Maybe I should stop greeting others by saying 'how are ya going?' - I'm leaving myself wide open to those who want to talk about their enlarged prostate or their sister's ongoing battle with an ingrown toe-nail or maybe I should wear a t-shirt screen printed with 'I'm not your bloody doctor...tell someone who cares!'
I asked an old guy who comes into work how was he going one day and told me he wasn't too bad but had an infection in one of his nuts and it was the size of a grapefruit. :argh: I have never been able to look at him the same since.

A few jokes come to mind but will restrain myself. I guess when your old and have balls the size of a "grapefruit" life too short not to be honest.

Just purchased 2 Garmin Rino 700 GPS/Radio and I am happy wth them, but the 240v charge power supply is the type that sits at right angles to the power board, so to charge the both Rino's at the same time with their own charger either takes up 2 double power points or 3 outlets on a 6 outlet power board and if they were made to be in what I feel is the correct direction, they have added little wings on either side of the power supply so a double power point to fit them would need to have about 120mm between outlets, there must be a reason, which is beyond me, but it could be a way to use up some of the recycled plastic. :N: :N: :N:

Graham

Smoky bandit said:
Hey Megsy,
Settle down ...I havnt called you anything....But you have lowered yourself to name calling....Just because i make spelling errors sometimes... which is mostly fat fingers... doesnt meen im not educated...I maybe just dyslexic...Dont Assume....And Didn't you see the crying happy faces...
:beer:

I didn't call you anything either, Smoky bandit. What are you talking about? I was talking about the general consensus in Australia. I wasn't referring to you being uneducated and "lowering myself to name calling" at all.

Geez! :(

Cheers,
Megsy

MegsyB007 said:
Smoky bandit said:
Hey Megsy,
Settle down ...I havnt called you anything....But you have lowered yourself to name calling....Just because i make spelling errors sometimes... which is mostly fat fingers... doesnt meen im not educated...I maybe just dyslexic...Dont Assume....And Didn't you see the crying happy faces...
:beer:

I didn't call you anything either, Smoky bandit. What are you talking about? I was talking about the general consensus in Australia. I wasn't referring to you being uneducated and "lowering myself to name calling" at all.

Geez! :(

Cheers,
Megsy
It seems my hot head has got me into trouble again...
Once again I apologise to you Megsy.
I was working when I read your post and thought you were referring to me not the general consensus in Australia.
Don't mind me ...I'm a real tossa sometimes. :) :flowers:

I don't think this one is irrational, but it peeves me big time
2 lane highway or freeway, :poop: head hogging the right lane decides, at the last couple of seconds, that they are turning left, & cut across in front of the left lane & anyone already travelling up the exit, & then give the finger out the window when they get a blast of the horn.
Makes me want to turn around and ......... ]:D
but, calm down, calm down, no road rage, deep breath, carry on :argh:
@#$%^&*() city drivers :awful: ok, not all city drivers, but I hate going into the city.

I live on a fairly busy street, about 500m from a set of traffic lights, and the traffic often banks up to my driveway and beyond, in the mornings.

What really annoys me, is when I'm trying to get out of my driveway, and they can see that I'm trying to leave home, but will pull right up to the car in front of them that's stopped, blocking my exit, rather than letting me in.

Is it irrational to be annoyed by this? Not really. And I do understand that they're just trying to get to work, the same as I am. What is irrational, is that some mornings, after I've been sitting in my driveway for 10 minutes, is that I actually consider driving straight out and hitting them! Just to show them how long they're delayed getting to work then, for not leaving a 5m space for me to get out of my driveway! ]:D

The only solution I can think of Megsy is driving a really cheap car that says to everyone you dont care. Sometimes in Adelaide people are too much the other way. Everyone waving each other in but no one moving or taking the initiative. I drive a semi through town most days. I leave a space between me and the car infront so I have a chance to pull up in an emergency. Offcourse everyone thinks its a space just for them to change lanes into. Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

That's not only annoying Goldfreak, it's dangerous. The drivers who do that are idiots, and just asking to be hit up the boot by a semi! :mad:

You'd probably drive straight into the only nice one amongst em..... driving a Jag too :p
..... and no collecting $200 on the way afterwards either (just locked away in the funny farm with the other 4-5000 homeowner's that just drove/rammed stright out into traffic) :p
... :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy:
... :fire:
:bomb:

Come on silver, everyone knows that Jags spend more time in the workshop, than they do on the roads. Knowing my luck, it would probably be a Mercedes, they think they own the road. :lol:

MegsyB007 said:
Come on silver, everyone knows that Jags spend more time in the workshop, than they do on the roads. Knowing my luck, it would probably be a Mercedes, they think they own the road. :lol:

True, I was starting to think recently that Mercedes don't actually come with indicators anymore..... Well anyone could be forgiven for thinking such a thing as people who drive them never seem to use them. :(

So true! There's a guy who owns a Mercedes Sports who lives around here somewhere, because I see him often. Top down, on the phone, never indicates, speeding, and beeps people who take more than .2 of a second to move at the change of lights. Nice guy!! :/

Again Megsy cheap car, slam it in reverse. Ok I wouldnt really do that, but contemplating it is therapeutic at least.

Latest posts