The Weekend Prospector TV series (Original - Tommy)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o.k i hear you guys.

So what the best place to buy the minelab equinox?

i'm in melbourne prefer to build local, but will buy online if the price is right.

many thanx

mixo

mixo said:
o.k i hear you guys.

So what the best place to buy the minelab equinox?

i'm in melbourne prefer to build local, but will buy online if the price is right.

many thanx

mixo
Minersden Bendigo have a nox 800 with a book and a pinpointer for $1150 at the moment
Roy

miners den had the same deal, but I want the 600 not the 800. I dont need gold mode.'

Mixo

both miners den and anaconda nox price is 899 but if you are a member of anaconda you will get the members discount just don't mail order it pick it up

I just saw the end of an episode ... a bloke in a cowboy hat found a gold ring at the beach(i reckon it was probably a set up)
They were promoting (?) a recovery service on the GC
The feeling i got was bad.... just didnt portray the right image
No mention of any attempt to do the right thing (not even morally)
Straight to another promtional ...... a gold buyer in Melbourne
Maybe there isnt anything wrong with any of that , but it didnt sit well with me at all
(Just my opinion)

RM Outback said:
Hey Mixo did you happen to ask any questions of Miner's Den Australia sponsorship of The Weekend Clown show.
they would sit there and praise the show and tell you it wasn't staged they found all that gold because they know the good spots a bloke I ran into 3 days ago said a certain shop in Brisbane recons that is why you get minelab detectors because that is how you find gold on the fields and no other detector will do the same

Sandta said:
I just saw the end of an episode ... a bloke in a cowboy hat found a gold ring at the beach(i reckon it was probably a set up)
They were promoting (?) a recovery service on the GC
The feeling i got was bad.... just didnt portray the right image
No mention of any attempt to do the right thing (not even morally)
Straight to another promtional ...... a gold buyer in Melbourne
Maybe there isnt anything wrong with any of that , but it didnt sit well with me at all
(Just my opinion)
I think sandta you are not alone with that opinion

off to anaconda then..I hope they dont have a boxing day special!

Havent seen the new episode, but if i get a wiff of them making it up as they go, not watching no more...

So much on youtube dont need to see made up shit on tv.

mixo

In fairness to Minelab, they would be mad not to offer some form of sponsorship or gain some sort of advertising from what was obviously marketed to them as a prospecting show.

I doubt they would have had much if at all any imput into the script or format or what sort of tosspot fronted the show. As any one who has ever fronted a camera will know, what makes it to screen is often not what went down thanks to the wonders of editing.

I bet half of the guests appearing on that show are left red faced and shaking thier head after it goes to air too.

Well that show created the spark and now I have a new minelab nox 600.

Now I bought a minelabs because it was cheaper than its competitors.

So many good machines out there..

Now got to figure out how to pull those 1200 dollar chains out of the sand!

mixo

problem is that for many today - Reality TV is the truth and the whole truth... Trying to explain or show them otherwise is a lost cause.....

When people start talking about these shows and getting a detector and going on about how much $ they will make - I shut my mouth and find others to talk to.

But all to often a contact will tell them that I do a bit and they then come to chat AND then proceed to tell me all about detecting ( yet they have never done it and are just FB and Reality TV experts).

As I now have a substantial MD contract, I have a legit excuse and just tell them I can not talk due to confidentiality :) Then advise them that they should just do more research and at least 3 layers of fact checking on any thing they read / hear OR see on TV...

Some times I like being a Grumpy old Phella and some times just flying 2 particular flags is enough to keep most fools away..

I looked at what real people did on youtube. I love the raw value of tim davis. He goes out and doesnt get much but he still loves it.

The channel 7 bloke just woke up the childhood dream of owning a detector. Did not believe one thing on what was on that show.

Anyway got the bug, spent the money, now lets see if I can make it fun and entertaining for myself and the kids!

If i can find enough for some beer money thats good enough for me for now.

mixo

P.s for the person asking if i mentioned the show at miners den, yes i did but they didn't really respond to it.But the sales guy did talk up finding expensive things on the beach.

Hi Mixo you will enjoy it and it can become addictive as when you get a good signal and you cant wait to dig it so enjoy you new life hobby and all the best
Looking foward to you finds posts
Roy

Latest posts