The Scrounger Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
What does a skilled plumber or sparky charge these days? I see metal detecting as no different to a skilled trade.

I can tell you Heatho a lot 8.(

I had to get a smoke detector dealt with on a Sunday and it cost $600.00 8) yes Heatho $600.00 :eek:

The funny thing was that it wasn't my home and the owner was an Electrician :lol:

The detector was 10 yrs old and had expired 5 years ago putting us and his very own family and 3 yrs old son at risk :rolleyes:

What do you do,phone the electrician and quietly laugh under your breath :lol:

I am glad to say the home owner never mentioned it,I suppose working on a gas platform off Western Australia you can afford it.

Be Warned - changing smoke detectors on a Sunday will cost you $1,200 per hour :Y:

Heatho - you are correct as usual :lol:

The Scrounger said:
Heatho said:
What does a skilled plumber or sparky charge these days? I see metal detecting as no different to a skilled trade.

I had to get a smoke detector dealt with on a Sunday and it cost $600.00 8) yes Heatho $600.00 :eek:

The funny thing was that it wasn't my home and the owner was an Electrician :lol:

The detector was 10 yrs old and had expired 5 years ago putting us and his very own family and 3 yrs old son at risk :rolleyes:

I am glad to say the home owner never mentioned it,I suppose working on a gas platform off Western Australia you can afford it.

Be Warned - changing smoke detectors on a Sunday will cost you $1,200 per hour :Y:

Yes I agree and if the person who lost the piece of valuable jewellery is the significant other of a lawer or locksmith the price will be $300 per hour or part there of. :)

That's awesome Scrounger.I can't imagine there would be a better feeling than reuniting someone with their lost wedding ring or similar.Good luck and we will expect a report of your first recovery.

The Scrounger said:
Heatho said:

Yeah, that's highway robbery, same here, locked ourselves out of the house one Saturday night, had to call a locksmith and his rate was about $250 per hour or part there of, took him 2 minutes to get in as we hadn't activated the deadlock, which was lucky as I usually do. Wish I could earn $100 per minute. If I'm dumb enough to lock myself out then maybe $250 is fair, if someone is dumb enough to lose valuable jewellery at the beach then my fee is fair too. :lol:

Heatho said:
The Scrounger said:
Heatho said:

Yeah, that's highway robbery, same here, locked ourselves out of the house one Saturday night, had to call a locksmith and his rate was about $250 per hour or part there of, took him 2 minutes to get in as we hadn't activated the deadlock, which was lucky as I usually do. Wish I could earn $100 per minute. If I'm dumb enough to lock myself out then maybe $250 is fair, if someone is dumb enough to lose valuable jewellery at the beach then my fee is fair too. :lol:
Did the same thing once..On a Sunday.. $300 plus to get a locksmith out..So rang o'brian glass and gave the the measurements to the window and they could do it Monday for $160..Saved myself over $150. :D :Y:

This weeks Reef and Beef with Silvers :party:

1534486365_img_1101.jpg

The Reef

1534486424_img_1102.jpg

The Beef

1534486468_img_1104.jpg

The Spendables

1534486630_img_1109.jpg

The Coppers with the oldest being a Australian Commonwealth 1926 half penny,I also have it's older brother being a 1927 half Penny

1534486517_img_1106.jpg

The Silvers with the oldest being a 1912 Sixpence {)

1534486725_img_1108.jpg

and The Big S which is made of lead,but instead of S for sinker I prefer S for Success :cool:

1534486766_img_1110.jpg

I have surprised myself again this week worrying about running out of good ground,but I went to a local park to the end were I hadn't swung before saving it for "last" and discovered it had silvers waiting for me :party:

Please enjoy your weekend.

P.S. sorry for the blurry photo's but the blur is free,and I promise I won't do it again Your Honor :lol:

I'm not getting the reef and beef story. :eek: maybe i should scroll back through the thread :8 nice mix of finds mate :Y: the S is for Scrounger, but if you found another one thennnnn :D i would enjoy seeing your pre decs closer. :Y:

Secret Squirrels said:
I'm not getting the reef and beef story. :eek: maybe i should scroll back through the thread :8 nice mix of finds mate :Y: the S is for Scrounger, but if you found another one thennnnn :D i would enjoy seeing your pre decs closer. :Y:

Reef = Beach :lol:

Beef = Paddock (Park) :D

You're silly :lol:

P.S. due to popular demand I'll try to take some better/closer photo's tomorrow :)

I offer these three simple photo's from last weeks silver discovery to the CTX Kid and the Secret Squirrels :D

I hope it satisfies your silver lust :p

The oldest coin of the week :) 106 years young :cool:

1534564066_img_1118.jpg

The 50% er

1534564113_img_1119.jpg

and The Kids fav,a Merino sheep :lol:

1534564252_img_1115.jpg

The backs of these and the five others were a bit ordinary so I didn't take any photo's and upload them,but they are all still :party:

Thanks for the request,I hope the photo's are to your liking :D

Until next week :Y:

Latest posts