The Scrounger Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
Very nice hunts, is your reef spot virgin ground because it's producing very well.. :) :Y:

I think so,but I'm not the only show in town just the most aggressive :cool:

I had found 3 honey holes on this beach with the biggest by far being 150m north from were you would expect to find it :party:

It must have taken over a decade I am guessing for them all to come together and they were all mine :lol:

Sorry for the late reply :)

Thanks for asking :Y:

No Reef (too much sand 8.( ) and Beef finds with Silvers :p

1533883757_img_1093.jpg

The coppers with the oldest being an Australian Commonwealth 1913 full penny :)

1533883073_img_1096.jpg

The spendables O:)

1533883188_img_1097.jpg

The token :cool:

1533883249_img_1090.jpg

and The Silvers :party:

1533883308_img_1098.jpg

I gave them a quick rub with the bi-carb paste which lifted the 50% silvers but did nothing for the .925 pair of 1942 sixpence,it doesn't matter because I only intend to scrap them.

I went to two parks I hadn't done before with one being local and the other not so close.

I didn't notch at all in one park but notched up to 20 leaving everything above open for inspection 8)

I am very happy with my results this week.

Heatho said:
Nice work, should open up 18 and 19 as well as that's where the 50% sixpences come in. :Y:

So will a lot more :mad: but you are right :D

I will just have to do that and go back and pick up more and more and more silvers :party:

Thanks for the tip :Y:

When I left for a beach detecting hunt on Saturday afternoon I didn't realise that I had a Divine appointment waiting for me 8)

I was about to leave when this bloke appeared right behind me giving me a :eek: wanting to talk to me :rolleyes: I was sure he was going to complain about something but how wrong I was :cool:

He introduced himself as the Vice President of the local Surf Club and asked me if I wanted to be available to find peoples lost jewellery this coming beach patrolling season :D

I was completely surprised but said YES because I thought anything else would have had me (us) looking like a thief :8 not wanting to help someone find their lost jewellery.

I am guessing not everyone will report their lost jewellery not even knowing it is missing until they have left with some jewellery always left behind for the willing hunter.

So as of this years beach patrolling season my name and phone number will be on the local surf clubs beach patrol tower wall waiting to be handed over the anyone who has lost their jewellery :)

This arrangement with be between me and the jewellery owners with any fee to be negotiated on the day ;)

Does that make me a part time paid pirate :cool: I hope so.

Bring On Summer :Y: (more to follow)

Manly surf club asked me last year too, I said $70 an hour if I have to get there as a priority in my own time. Though I have helped people find a few things for free when I've already been at the beach. I know of some others that actually charge quite a bit more than that.

Anyway, haven't heard from anyone yet. :)

Heatho said:
Manly surf club asked me last year too, I said $70 an hour if I have to get there as a priority in my own time. Though I have helped people find a few things for free when I've already been at the beach. I know of some others that actually charge quite a bit more than that.

Anyway, haven't heard from anyone yet. :)

Being in Sydney $70.00 bucks is fair enough I reckon,going out unplanned to help a complete stranger has it's costs 8)

People aren't going to call you for junk or silver jewellery,so it will probably be gold and wedding related :brokenh: with the memories to match.

Even average gold jewellery is worth good $$$$$$ and if I was in that position I would be glad to pay decent $$$$$$ to even get the chance to get it back.

The CTX kids call out fee of $20.00 is too lean I reckon,but as I said every call will be handled differently ;)

The chance that I will be at the beach when most people are their is near zero :8

As I said bring on summer :party:

Latest posts