Well Done Patrick...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our Best Aussie Crystal Collector has hit the Mother Lode with the Worlds biggest Amethyst Cluster.... Well Done Patrick Gunderson...

The Crystal Castle in Nth NSW says that they have the Largest Amethyst Geode in the world but from Brazil... Not any more and this one is found in WA, Australia...

Patrick Gundersen

oodstSpnerhcta41fl0luh5cl54i09tug8129fuu46f0c35i0tm909l8u367 ·

Quite possibly the find of my lifetime.
A few years ago I purchased an old amethyst mine over in Western Australia. I had no idea what to expect or if there was anything left to be found. After two years of work there I finally opened a hollow chamber lined with beautiful Amethyst. It took 3 months of gruelling work and an amazing team to carefully preserve this cluster in one piece. Weighing in at 21 tons and measuring 4.5 meters across, I truly hope this incredible specimen can find a home in an Australian museum for everyone to experience.

I will post some videos latter today if i can learn how to...

LW.....

Thanks Grubstake....
.. I have had the Pleasure of meeting Patrick many times.... Even to the extent of being Invited to help on his Amethyst Mine 8 months ago.. I had to decline the offer as Im committed to Home..... 😭
I was told to keep this under my hat until I received a Message on Monday Night...;)

He has promised Me a large Amethyst Point as well cause Im a good Bloke...:oops::D....

LW.....

Thats awesome. Stuff dreams are made of and glad it went to someone who obviously worked hard for it.

Latest posts