The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better do my birthdate coin, a zombie queen 1972 5c from the beach (can you tell)! Couldn't be bothered going through all my 5c coins for a better one, would be here all afternoon. :)

1417836183_img_20141206_135153.jpg

1417836203_img_20141206_135218.jpg

The lowest minted year is 1972 with 8.25 million coins and the highest was 2006 with 306.5 million,[2] and the average today is 80 million coins per year. No coins were issued in 1985-86 with the former valued at $30 uncirculated.
Jaros
Interesting??? :p

Let Brucee have it fellas,.. it would be a close call anyway.
I see it took a good game like this to pull you out of the woodwork Brucee,...I bet you've been busy detecting up until now(should have a bagfull). ?

1968 10 cent park find pretty trashed this one
1417857525_image.jpg
1417857546_image.jpg

I am hoping somebody has a wavy 20 cent for 1966

A couple of interesting coins.
Ferozn1 that 10c sure is toasted.
The Kiwi 20c being inverse instead if raised is also cool. never seen one like that sandta.
You guys are kickin my but. I don't have anywhere near as many or interesting coins as you all do.

RJ i think your eyes are paying tricks on you
Im pretty sure its just a normal coin( except for being from NZ)
Ill have to go dig it out again now...

Sandta said:

Hmmm. Optical ilusion. Maybe I should put my glasses on. :8 Still looks reversed to me. ;)

Goldpick's 50 cent piece has a very straight cut. I have a few half coins like that. I wonder what does it. A mower seems obvious but I didn't think they would cut a coin like that.

That Kiwi 20 cent head side. First time I read the post it was inverse, then I read all the posts, it looks normal.

Moved the laptop slightly clockwise and I can see the inverse "look" again. Magical pic!

Ramjet said:
Sandta said:

Hmmm. Optical ilusion. Maybe I should put my glasses on. :8 Still looks reversed to me. ;)

Goldpick's 50 cent piece has a very straight cut. I have a few half coins like that. I wonder what does it. A mower seems obvious but I didn't think they would cut a coin like that.

That was found about 7-8" down on the edge of a rugby field, and I reckon it was deliberately cut for some reason as the coin is pretty straight.

I'm sure we all realise the hang up predicament at the moment,...I don't think an Aussie coin is going to turn up for 1965,...or is it.?(cliff-hanger moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts