The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beach find 1982 50c PC
EM
1417751877_image.jpg

Dont worry Ramjet 8.(
Use your super powers and vanquish the villan :lol:
Or
Just show us anyway .... As we're all curious now

Ramjet said:
silver said:
So Ramjet, what's the call on consecutive posts if no one posted the next coin within that 24 hr period, is anyone able to post the next coin after midnight,...even if it was their post that was the one that was last,... or should there be an entire 24 hr period in between(or at least 12 hrs between to give the morning crew a chance), just incase it all stalls up on one coin,....just wondering is all ?

Geez silver. Nearly done my head in trying to follow your logic there. :8 ;)
I think we will leave it as is for the moment. Give others who don't log in everyday a chance to join the fun :D I imagine as we get into the older pre decimals things may slow down. On the site I borrowed the idea from they where stuck for 2 years on one date.

PS. I shotgun 1982 if that's ok with all players as I have an interesting coin from that year.

PPS. silver mentioned in his topic advertising this one that a prize hasn't been offered yet. A great Idea and I'm happy to supply a prize. So...ideas on how to choose who wins the prize?
Got a few mower clipped 1 & 2c pieces I can post to offer up a prize :cool:

there is a new post in treasure, coin and relic specifically for 1982 coins

Naaaa I think that's a rover cut there
Mate I can tell by the curve, more top
End speed lol :D
EM

1979 1c coin found on the beach in really bad shape.

I know the picture doesn't show the date the best but that's all I could get from 5 minutes of photos, feel free to put up a coin with better detail in the date.

1417789066_image.jpg

1978 20 cent cleaned up with wire brush on drill and then left sit for a few years to achieve that nice dark overall toning.
1417792160_sam_6578.jpg

1417792192_sam_6575.jpg

Only one more post for me tonight GP, as the tired old eyes are hanging under a tired old forehead already.
1974 house fire spot(I presume) 20 cent coin with attached 10 cent on the back(held in place by a melted strong plastic film)
1417796199_sam_6598.jpg

1417796246_sam_6596.jpg

Here's a special one for me my birth year 1973 5 cents. I chose the 5 cent piece because I love the sniffing out hidden coins and the echidna has a great sense of smell to find them bugs and termites. :D
1417820447_image.jpg
1417820471_image.jpg

Love that 20 c with the fire damage silver. A coin with some interesting story to tell. Great to see some interesting coins coming out. I would love to know the tale behind some of them. The foreign coins are intriguing, how did they come to be in Oz.

Nice one Ferozn1,..I wonder if anyone has found sniffed out a 1972 in the 5 cent, as they are that rare I had to buy one, so sadly I can't use it this time,...But I'm holding off posting for a little while, just in case someone's got one,... otherwise I'm ready with something else, unless I get pipped at the post(ha), but that's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts