The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Goldpick for tidying up the thread in my absence. Thanks to silver for slotting in the 1961 to fill the gap.
Remember people... We are counting down the years so only post a coin minted in the year before the last one.

You guys take some awesome close up photos. I'll have to get me a decent camera. Just been using my phone. That's a great shot Pilsner.

Just looked through the whole thread from the beginning to here(lots of good photos and fun),....don't get caught out looking and miss those next few posts though(ha).

Still after a 1956 coin, seems to be a hole in my collection of coins for that year. :(

Remember it doesn't have to be Australian, but has to be a detector find - if that helps.

no holes here Goldpick,..this one cleaned up nicely.
1418073216_sam_3496.jpg

That's either red soil or rust looking from here,...I would try CLR myself, but, having said that,...it might not help or it might end up still crappy(only worse),....so it's up to you,....I find a fair few anyway, so I don't worry if I wreck one or two experimenting on cleaning methods.
Silver.

Electrolisis is what I use then rub the silver coin
With bi-carb, comes up a treat most of the time
It's the silver coins after 1946 which are only 50% silver
Which are the harder ones to clean
EM

And here is a nice 1951 Sixpence OLD SITE find.
1418085795_sam_4445.jpg

jeese ya gotta be fast these days,..Im just old and slow,....slow,.....s l o w,...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts