Sunny Corner NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to tread carefully out that way, there used to be a army mortar firing range and there are still some unexploded ordinance in the ground. Im not sure of the exact location.

Hmmm funny you mention that Steve, we found a whole heap of live ammo out there, looked military to me too, 5 round fast load thingo's, quite a few, wasn't digging any deeper into that. :(

Quite a few open holes/shafts in places too. Toxic creek also down Daylight Creek Rd........

I've gotta get a nug from there 1 day.

Stripper clips (five round fast load thingo's). There are lots of places around to go but most of us like to come home with something so we generally go to well known spots but often still come home with nothing' good luck Simon hope you find something interesting!

Hi all new to the gold scene I do high banking at Kirkconnell creek where my grandfather and grandmother had a small scale mine set up.Im finding a few bits down there but I'm looking into buying an sdc 2300 for some small nugget detecting I currently have an xterra 705 and it has trouble with the ground mineralization has anyone been over sunny corner with an sdc....
I also like the ophir area found some good gold out there I need help in choosing a good detector for me I will mainly be detecting old creeks and mullock heaps ...........

THE FEVERS GOT ME ;-):-D

Plenty have detected around Sunny Corner with a 2300, but in saying that there's a lot of dirt in that area. If a new detector is what you're looking for then the 2300 would be a great place to start for that part of NSW, and the intended creeks / mullock heaps you wish to target.

Wal.

Hey wal watched all your vids on YouTube use do great I'm going out to ophir this weekend coming to do a bit of crevicing and mite even give the blow tubing a go this is the little picker we got on the last trip with the high banker
1431847817_imag0367.jpg

Some nice chunky gold there 666 and I'm sure that little picker has a few friends close bye waiting to get exposed. Blowtubing in the crevices can give some good tell tales if the wash is dry enough. Keep the enthusiasm up and I'm sure you will be well rewarded....some very good gold up in that region.

Take care,

Wal.

I've done plenty of detecting around Sunny Corner, have only found 1 tiny bit, it was 0.05g, there is detectable gold there but it's elusive and there is a lot of junk.

Yea so far I've only found shots my 705 is very unstable around there though how well does the sdc perform on the ground out there if you have used yours in that area in still undecided on an sdc or a gpx 4500 or 5000 I'll be doing a lot of travel around the nsw gold fields on my days off :)

Hi all, i have a job coming up soon at Portland NSW where I'll have a couple of hours to spare and was going to slip over to the Sunny Corner area and have a swing, I have had a look at the NSW Forestry map, without anyone giving up their locations, where would be a couple of areas to have try? Haven't been there before.

Hi blatto, welcome. No idea sorry, but have you all the vids Andy has done on you-tube , "Adventure gold" might give you a few hints.

Been down to Mitchells Creek a few times since the restrictions have lifted, pretty disturbing to see any bit of accessible ground covered in filth.
Even the creek itself in some easy to get to spots, fresh glass bottles and cans strewn everywhere.

The worst of it all.........the turds.

Just turds upon turds and toilet paper all down in the creek.

It beats me how these scumbags can shit in the creek or basically right beside it, throw toilet paper to the four winds.
I stumbled across a milk crate with the ass cut out of it and flipped upside down as a makeshift dunny, no hole dug.
The spot in question always seems to be a derros camp, always filth left over.
Reminds me of pulling the porta-potty out of the creek there spewing out generous turds and blue chemical.

There was a 4wd club camped in a spot there on the weekend and several trail bikers, the outer perimeter of their camp is now just a minefield.
They should be made to carry bags like dog walkers, I don't know why they can't dig holes and fill them in when done.

Mitchells Creek is not known for its nuggets :goldnugget: until now! :poop:

They will all howl if gates are put up.

need to set up hidden cameras maybe...get some pics of the arse holes and number plates!...makes me think about what sought of upbringing these scum have had,when you don't have respect for yourself you sure as hell don't have respect for anything or anyone else.Such a beautiful area as well...no wonder one feels like the locals view anyone and everyone with suspicion.

Yep, have seen old diggers holes full of all sorts of crap from nappies and tin cans to broken camp chairs etc. Always seems to be where the bikes camp out.
Head down there when the rally is on, there is literally guys camped on the side of the road... no toilets there either :awful:

Should head back out for a dig and check the spot where that 4wd club was camped and see what state they left the camp site in when we seen them out there

Latest posts