Suggestions on a harness for a SDC2300?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
Wally69 said:
Good stuff, I be in touch.

This is the repair kit I have with the hip transfer stick

You'll have to modify the standard Minelab harness. The spares/repair kit is for the Proswing.

Be interesting to see if you can nut something out with Heatho's harness. I'm sure he won't mind sacrificing it to science to see what ya's can do :D

Thanks Matt, I am sure I can come up with something.

Sorry Heath, I am not afraid of butchering so make sure you hide the scissors when I come over for a look.

This is my butchered hydration pack. The weight transfers quite well but a bigger belt at the bottom would work better.

1422343278_image.jpg

14 15 16 17 sounds good for me .I try and send photo of last week gold at hill end .

Yep broke it up got bloody heaps out of them now soking in ali brite I get them out tomorrow and send you a photo. Thanks for posting the photo.

Thanks matt you have to teach me how to put photos on the forum. All you can be my secretary. :D

Hey Steveo,

I ll show you how to put photos up if you show me how to get gold like that! :D

Great finds.

Retirement Stone said:
Hey Steveo,

I ll show you how to put photos up if you show me how to get gold like that! :D

Great finds.

Forget how to put up the photos. I will take and put up the photos for you :) well done great to see !

Haven't bought it yet, but I know how heavy a 5000 got after 2 days.

Needed even? I've been looking at some of the armrest mods you guys have done, is that enough?

I use a harness but haven't resorted to a bungee yet. On the harness I attach my speaker, have a pick holder on the belt, water bottle & hang my scoop. I use the battery pouch on the back to carry a basic first aid/snake bite kit, PLB, emergency blanket, lighter/flint, water purifying tablets, spare batteries amongst other small tools or whatever else I think might be useful.
DD Leather have a neat looking belt if you don't really want a full harness:
http://doubledleather.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=18&product_id=130
With a full harness I guess the option is always there to hook up a bungee if wanted.

With the SDC I've found that I'm too busy digging targets to ever worry about hooking it up to a harness/bungee.
Try it without one and see how you go before buying one .... I wear a backpack and suppose it could be rigged to utilise a bungee if you decide you need one.
Good luck out there,
Cheers T.

I use a hydration pack retrofitted with the minelab replacement parts kit (Bungy, detector attachment and load transfer stick) from the proswing harness. Your harness looks sturdy and may just need a $5 length of Bungy from a chandlery and a couple of clips but I like the way the load is transferred to the waist belt with the minelab kit.

I think detecting with it is far more enjoyable, particularly if I go away for a couple of days. I find that I can rest the SDC on the ground next to me without unhooking it but if I had shorter arms this may be required.

I would love a proswing harness, but I am too tight. :8

Latest posts