Suggestions on a harness for a SDC2300?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo1

Steve
Reaction score
Hi I got a sdc 2300 and I ran a b&z booster & twin speakers just wanted to no what wood be the best harness to wear .and what over people wear or do. Regards Steve

Thanks jaros. Pretty dear you think there be cheaper ones around .I got a camel back I used but it gets hot and sweaty on the back.

A lot of the selection process is determined by your own personal situation. Your age, back condition, all come into play with the leverage the detector can place on your lower back--you must take care of your back--you only have one. Your legs are also a must on the take care list. Without taking care of these your prospecting ability is very limited and therefore dissatisfying.
By using the right gear you can minimise the damage to these very important parts of the body.
Cheers
Jaros :p

Hi Steve

I purchased the hipstick and bungee as a minelab spare parts kit and fitted it to my hydration pack. I think it cost between $40 and $50.

It won't stop you sweating, but that is an indication that you need fluids.

I like my setup so am not looking to change it at this point.....if I wasn't so tight I would like to try the wider belt setup you get with minelab harness and carry a water bottle.

Hi Steve,
I just use my GPX5000 harness and hipstick, without the GPX battery pack of course
Works well! :lol:

I got the normal Minelab Harness with the detector when new, I also got a Proswing (the link Jaros posted) thrown in heavily discounted.

I've tried both on my 5000, like chalk and cheese.

Wouldn't detect without it now, it really does make a big difference.

I've also detected with a guy using the OEM and a hip stick, we compared setup and ease of use, then swapped for a short time.

Result was I wanted my Proswing back and he very reluctantly gave it back..... :)

The other great change on this item is the quick connect clip to the harness, it allows for single hand very easy disconnect.

Worth every cent in my book.

Hi Bozo :lol: Could ya attach the camelback to a harness like the GPX style? If so let me know & I'll see if I can find ya one. They had some old ones at the gold shop for $10. Might be able to rig something up for the speakers, camel back etc. Are you wanting to use a bungee?

Either that or a shingleback harness with built on drink bottle holder + drink bottle & pick holder might be the go? You can use the battery holder for first aid kit etc. They are pretty much how I've got my old GPX harness set up.

I too am in the pro swing camp , works very well , I also use the bungy and hook it
up to the lugs on my backpack straps as Wal does to his hydration pack when out for a long time
and want to carry a few things , now carry a snake bite kit , first aid , gps , water , and saving up for a PLB
( lots of deep shafts where I tend to wander )

Cheers

And welcome to the SDC club Steve , great choice

Do you guys know if the standard GPX harness can take the hipstick kit I have? Or does it need to be modified?

I recall seeing a few second hand harnesses on the market and you have now got me interested in upgrading.

Good stuff, I be in touch.

This is the repair kit I have with the hip transfer stick

1422341472_image.jpg

Thanks matt that be good. Wally and heatho when are you coming out this way again.

steveo1 said:
Thanks matt that be good. Wally and heatho when are you coming out this way again.

G'day Steveo, will be soon for sure mate, hopefully Shauno and his Dad will be keen for a swing too. Not hard to convince Wally for a swing either he's always keen. :)

Wally69 said:

You'll have to modify the standard Minelab harness. The spares/repair kit is for the Proswing.

Be interesting to see if you can nut something out with Heatho's harness. I'm sure he won't mind sacrificing it to science to see what ya's can do :D

mbasko said:
Wally69 said:

You'll have to modify the standard Minelab harness. The spares/repair kit is for the Proswing.

Be interesting to see if you can nut something out with Heatho's harness. I'm sure he won't mind sacrificing it to science to see what ya's can do :D

Sacrifice, harness? Thanks for volunteering me Matt, champion. :)

Latest posts