Squirrels 505 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the positive chi neil :Y: just had a look at the weather and started work 4am so finished now and might head back there today. thinking i might have a go at the rich end for a few hrs before the shacks are all occupied for the weekend. channel the bling mate, channel the bling. ]:D
NeilM said:
SS That picture is great.
That is the tough stuff, but next time you hit there maybe you wil get recompensated for the hard work....hopefully

That looks like way too many hours for me,but still well done :Y:

Those goldies have been hiding for ages :)

I like the pagoda pendant too,zinc ??

Well, i did go back, and put in another big day cgs :eek: After all, it is a numbers game ;) To start with, the wind was moderate to fresh, and i was having trouble keeping all the ground noises quiet. TIDs were everywhere once again, and i was on what appeared to be a very quiet stretch (good target wise) of the beach. Now the sun was high, the wind was up and the tide was still going out and i was struggling to find any dig numbers. My batteries were had it so i took the opportunity to go back to the car for a break, drink and to reassess the strategy. :rolleyes: After a refreshing break i went back and started moving lower on the beach, towards the water. I had previously been working the high dry sand with no success. :( I was struggling there also, and had to keep adjusting settings on a regular basis, but every time i adjusted i would at least get a few targets before going through the process all over again. It was almost like i had auto ground balance (which i don't), and the machine would balance out on the signals :mad: Anyway i managed to get it relatively smooth by winding the sensitivity back to 12, which i think kept it above the seepage level. :Y: I started to get targets, and was quite satisfied with the progress. :lol: I got what i thought was a ring :eek: but it turned out to be a piece of copper pipe someone had cut :brokenh: A little further along i got another ring object :rolleyes: It was full of crust but a wash has hinted at maybe the best ring so far :D fingers crossed. It was about 5pm when all of a sudden the wind dropped out, and everything went CLEAR :eek: i set the machine back to factory pushed the sensitivity up to 16 and every swing was quiet and crystal clear :party: I could even use max sens, and swing in the wet sand and it stayed quiet, that's when i started popping coins one after the other :rainbow: I went back over the mornings ground and sure enough targets galore ]:D

1506600647_dsc02221.jpg

1506600680_dsc02223.jpg

1506600743_dsc02219.jpg

1506600786_dsc02217.jpg

1506600867_dsc02218.jpg

To be honest i think eveything has been hiding for a long time cgs. i don't think it's been detected before, or they've tried and found the beach too difficult to detect :eek: There is a lot of shell grit and coarse sand with rocks, so it's deep in places and affecting the stability of the machine. That's why the hours have to go into it, and it's totally worth it if it's producing rings. The pagoda is a metal i don't recognise, it's very light like ali or plastic, and hard to the teeth :p
cashgoldsilver said:
That looks like way too many hours for me,but still well done :Y:

Those goldies have been hiding for ages :)

I like the pagoda pendant too,zinc ??

Had a 6hr gardening job to do on sunday, which did'nt help my back at all, But i did manage to acquire some well composted cow manure from the site. it looked like rain coming this morning so i had to dress the strawberry plants and minature peach with the manure before it came in. Just in the nick of time, should help them come on now. Time to take some anti inflammatories and panadol forte then have a couple of hours laying straight in bed before tonights cleaning shift. :|

1508813170_2017-10-24_12.27.32.jpg
1508813214_2017-10-24_12.24.21.jpg
1508813252_2017-10-24_12.24.56.jpg
1508813286_2017-10-24_12.24.07.jpg

Latest posts