Squirrels 505 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a new beach this afternoon, went at low tide as the high comes right up and engulfs the whole beach. machine was noisy as all get out, so dialed the threshold back to negative 2 as i said i would try :Y: I think i may have found the answer to using the 505 on wet sand :D i was picking up bits of aluminium smaller than the tiny ones in the photo at over 3 inches.

1506430494_dsc02188.jpg

1506430527_dsc02189.jpg

1506430732_dsc02195.jpg

1506430587_dsc02190.jpg

1506430622_dsc02191.jpg

1506430648_dsc02194.jpg

googled the MHJ 10 and it comes up with Michael Hill Jewellers 10K, looking at the ring i noticed silver on some of the loops and naturally thought plated. however i've noticed in their filigree collection they mix white and yellow gold to create nice effects, so not really sure? they don't look to have any plated jewellery in their stock.

Oh yeah, got a heap of other stuff like brass, copper, SS, sinkers, a spoon and a kids matchbox vehicle etc. Also the red in the ring is only a reflection of a coles bag i had nearby :lol: This beach goes for a couple of Ks and is a popular holiday beach, i haven;t even scratched the surface yet ]:D

Thanks heatho, yeah defs white gold as all the rings going one way are the same (uniform). trouble is i'll come to expect it every outing :rolleyes: want to hit that beach again before long weekend in case a holiday maker brings a deus or ctx along :lol: it's a 100k round trip but worth it just for the pleasure :Y: i also fish this beach and do quite well on the whiting through the summer months :D
Heatho said:
Geez mate, more gold, you're on fire. Nice ring. Yeah that will be a solid 10k, sweet. :Y:

Nice Gold ring mate....The 505 does a fantastic job on the beach even though it was not made for wet sand.....I love it as much as I do the 705 and if chimed/dialed in right it will be quiet as a mouse and ping those good signals,I found rings and coins even toy cars at a foot and more in the wet sand with the 505....Well done and nice silver too. :) :Y:

Nice dog tag SS :eek: :Y: bugger I'll never find one of them :(
By the time I get to SA you and GP will have cleaned them all out :eek: :lol:
Getting some top hunts in :cool: :Y:

Cheers guy's. Shame you have to drive long distances all the time ktmman, at least i have a fair few spots relatively close (for now).Easier digging at the beach rocket, even if the holes are always deeper :Y: don't have to worry about environmental digging there either ;) yeah i like the 505 GDA, the beach is a funny monster, sometimes you can get the machine purring like a kitten, and other times :mad: sometimes it can be too hot and sometimes i even think the bloody winds here play havoc with the stability. thanks cabcaz, i love the beach :) I know the response your looking for Silver ;) The silvers are the bees knees and the gold is just an added bonus :D Sing out if your coming to SA B5MECH, ive got plenty of fresh sites for you to swing at mate :Y: you could teach me the finer points while your at it ]:D

Ok, so i couldn't resist and had to go back to do a bit more of that beach :p now this post will probably please some, and it's the only time i'm going to post a pic like this. it makes me feel sick 8.( The cans and all the bits of foil are not in the photo, but believe me there was heaps. Everything that was retrieved gave off DIG signals, even those tiny bits of ali gave signals of 30, 3 and 9 (the gold ring was a 3). The signals were all over the place, the pull tabs were 6,9,12,15,18,21 & 27. some of the coins started as iron, 6,9 before getting truer as you got closer. the sinkers were 24,27,30 & 33. the bigger ali blobs were 24,27,30,39 & 42. The ground noise was flicking between 45 & 48. The most erratic time was when the sun was high and the wind was gale force, the most stable time was mid morning and evening but the wind was also gentle to fair. All coins came from the high tide mark and the pagoda came from the water line, the rest were scattered although a lot of pull tabs and ali along with all the foil came from the same line as the coins. Hard day for sfa but it is a numbers game and this just irons out the exceptional and easy run i've had with rings :p

1506519129_dsc02198.jpg

1506519162_dsc02199.jpg

1506519185_dsc02201.jpg

For those of you who look on silently and think it's easy and we always have a dream run, Think Again, it's bloody tuff out there and only perseverance and hard work pays the dividends. ;)

Happy Hunting.

Where's the Gold ring SS? 8) My squinty eyes not workin :eek: It didn't fall down the sink :8
I guessing your running all metal mode :eek: :Y: If you were going to discriminate try and use the pinpoint button, junk will spread or echo the solids will hit small.
Ring pulls cans and caps spread ;)
Still worth digging all at the beach though hey :cool: :Y:
Ever wondered what a fine gold chain spread out would sound like, Possibly a very hard target to hit without it sounding sketchy :eek:
....... :rolleyes: ......To dig or not to dig....now that's the real question ...... :lol: :Y:

The gold ring was yesterday matey :lol: i was just using it's tid as a reference to why you have to dig the alfoil and a lot of other junk, especially at the beach as the numbers get all higgeldy piggeldy in the sand. I run AM and then flick to disc once on a target, i'm also testing other settings on all targets at the moment to give me a better understanding and feel for the machines capabilities. Thanks for the pinpoint tip. :Y: I agree!! That is the question :rolleyes:
B5MECH said:
Where's the Gold ring SS? 8) My squinty eyes not workin :eek: It didn't fall down the sink :8
I guessing your running all metal mode :eek: :Y: If you were going to discriminate try and use the pinpoint button, junk will spread or echo the solids will hit small.
Ring pulls cans and caps spread ;)
Still worth digging all at the beach though hey :cool: :Y:
Ever wondered what a fine gold chain spread out would sound like, Possibly a very hard target to hit without it sounding sketchy :eek:
....... :rolleyes: ......To dig or not to dig....now that's the real question ...... :lol: :Y:

.. :eek: Oh.... :/ I thought you might have found another one :lol:
I was about to throw the Makro in the car and hit the beach.. :rolleyes: .....Timing at the moment here has to be spot on or the poachers will get the prize :N: :eek: :lol:

B5MECH said:
.. :eek: Oh.... :/ I thought you might have found another one :lol:
I was about to throw the Makro in the car and hit the beach.. :rolleyes: .....Timing at the moment here has to be spot on or the poachers will get the prize :N: :eek: :lol:
8) It's the quick or the sad hey ! ]:D

Latest posts