Squirrels 505 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is, circa 1948-53.
1518263992_dsc02585.jpg

1518264019_dsc02582.jpg

Boy Oh Boy Wowee, i am excited, it was always going to need something special to help me get over the Sov :D

This all started about 3 weeks ago when i was looking for my geophysicist mate, i'd gone to his house and he wasn't home, as i turned to go i noticed the Lutheran church was having a service and went there to see if he was at church. A farmer who i had previously classed wool for was out the front greeting the flock as they rocked up, so we had a brief chat and he went in to see if my mate was there. It turns out he wasn't , but during our chat the farmer had asked what work i was doing now, i told him i was now doing home services including gardening, cleaning and maintenance etc etc.

Well, today this farmer rocks up to my house and says did you say you were doing gardening when we spoke the other week? i told him that was correct why?. It seems he had a 12 station watering system that he tried to reprogram for summer and ballsed it up, so i said no probs i would come out this arvo and check it out. So i got it all reprogrammed for him and went in for a coffee and a chat, he asked how much did i want for the job and i told him i didn't want his money. He said a mans got to be paid for coming out on a sunday, that's when i told him about my passion for swinging and suggested he might have an old homstead site i could detect in lieu of payment ]:D ]:D he said he had a suitable site and i was welcome to come out and detect when it suits me :D i explained my father had always taught me to grab every opportunity that arose and that i'd preplanned the deal before leaving home so therefore i had the detector in the car and was raring to go :eek: ;) ]:D

I swung for a few hours and he came out a couple of times to check my progress, it took a while sorting through the trash before i found where the goodies were hiding. It was getting dark so i thanked him for the opportunity,showed him the results and told him the finds were worth more than any cash he could of paid me. He seemed relieved i had found something and said i'm welcome to come back and continue where i'd finished and that he had a second homestead site and old tennis court he would show me next time :Y: :Y: All in all it's been one of the most enjoyable hunts i've had to date. :rainbow:

1518356214_dsc02586.jpg
1518356256_dsc02589.jpg
1518356287_dsc02588.jpg
1518356382_dsc02590.jpg
1518356422_dsc02591.jpg
1518356451_dsc02592.jpg
1518356488_dsc02593.jpg
1518356520_dsc02594.jpg

Great work there SS,
Peace Medal, Looks like a South Australia commemorative, British Transvaal War, 1900 and made of Bronze so should clean up quite well i imagine.
I take it you'll be going back to see what else is around :Y: Hope your good luck keeps going.
Cheers Dolphin.

Oh nice a little boer war action, I used to have a beautiful boer war queens head medal inscribed to A.C rispin of the first south Australian mounted rifles with 4 clasps, traansval, orange free state, Belfast and cape colony

The bloke was a south Aussie through and through and it still pains me to this day I had to sell it

Latest posts