Squirrels 505 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually fish that beach Silver :eek: So here's the run down. The split shot and running sinkers are used for the big yellowfin whiting that frequent the shoreline. The medium, including the berely springs, are used for a mix of Tommy Ruff, mullet & salmon trout. The big lead is used for snapper out on the wrecks and holes, and is dropped while boarding and alighting from the boats that are moored along the length of the beach. It is a popular holiday destination and holds some great fishing. :cool:
silver said:
Nice ring SS ! 8) :p
funny hey.... I bet a fishing guru could tell by your finds just what sort of fishing, type of fish, etc are/happen where you are..... maybe even the type of bottom that would account for type and size of sinker. :D
:Y: :cool: :Y:
1517810958_dsc02211.jpg

1517811035_dsc02212.jpg

1517811090_dsc02213.jpg

1517811229_dsc02215.jpg

These shots were prior to the Oct LW, so the boats are all stored away, but you can see the mooring floats dotted throughout.

1509188707_dsc02245.jpg

1509188745_dsc02243.jpg

SS, my daughter Kato has just seen this find of yours and she is so stoked for you, I mean really happy, really really happy ! :D

It is one of the items on her bucket list, and she is amazed at how good it looks.

Knowing her she will find one.

Thanks for the view and the motivating pics.

GH

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry but i just had to laugh at that statement, think about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously pete165 that was my fourth trip to that particular beach and it's kindly donated 3 rings so far, i have no doubt there will be more. :) You have to be patient and work it under the right conditions, as it's a very temperamental & noisy beach. The sun, wind & tides all play havoc on your machine because of the type of beach it is, just like the fishing there, you have to go at the right times or it produces nothing and you'll think it's a barren beach. :Y:
pete165 said:
Wow What a haul. Great work. Do the rest of the beach you might find more.

yes indeedy trash, it was fun, especially waking up some of the shackies with my little happy dance at 2am ]:D I have recently purchased a S/S beach scoop in preparation for when i pick up the equinox, so i took it for a trial run. After getting used to it i was able to retrieve more targets, quicker and easier, as i was able to cut out the pinpointer useage and also the continuous up and down on your knees to retrieve targets. also dragging it behind me showed my grid marks and what areas i had already detected quite easily in the dark. :Y:
Trash said:
Thats a stack of targets

Would have been a fun nights Detecting

Nice work

So traveled again last night after work, focused on the point (top) section of the beach. High tide when i got there so had to do the small strip of dry sand in front of the shacks, then managed to get onto the shell line in the wet sand about 3am. The cut from last week has disappeared, came very close to being bitten by a huge black sand scorpion :|

1518245951_dsc02574.jpg

1518245980_dsc02577.jpg

1518246007_dsc02578.jpg

No pic but twice as much non relic targets as last time Dan. I thought i found a thrippy as the sun was rising and then decided to call it quits, however it seems i have lost it, or i was delirious and imagining it? :8 They are there somewhere mate, have found some against the shack line previously. i think i just need to focus on taking out as many overriding targets as possible so the good targets reveal themselves. :)
Danny13 said:
Does not look like anyones detected around there squirrels by the looks of the coins . Did you pick up some pre-decs also?

Secret Squirrels said:
Thanks Smoky, its a whopping stretch of beach , i will eventually work out where the good targets settle mate. :)
Smoky bandit said:
Well done looks like some nice finds there. :Y:
Hi mate at my little beach all the coins are towards the high tide mark..I have only ever found 3 pennies at the low tide mark. Just what I have experienced..Coins towards the top...gold towards the bottom. :D :Y:

Latest posts